Sunday, May 19, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, May 19, 2024, 09:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Another warm one here today.  I need to mow and will probably do some other outside work today.  

I have some layout work to do as well.  Our neighbor called and said she had a friend who would like to see the layout.  I didn't know when they would show up, but glad it will be next weekend as I ran one train which had several derailments (I fixed the locomotive which had a coupler issue, but the darned passenger cars kept having issues as well).  Plus, none of my east yard turnouts are working.  So I have a week to clear up these issues and do a bit of cleaning as well.  

Additionally, the roofer/siding contractor states he will start Friday.  I have some stuff for the dumpster they are bringing that needs hauling out to the garage.  

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Sounds like you have your hands full, Jeff.  I'm going to be lazy today.  I hope that involves some workbench time.  Yesterday afternoon we went to see a play in a community theater and then went out for dinner afterwards.  That was fun.  Tomorrow, I have an appointment for a test (Calcium score).  Routine stuff.  That's my week!  :D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Jeff and Bob, as well as all who check in today. It is my turn to go to a play today, we are seeing Peter Pan in Orlando. I enjoy most of these plays and getting out of the house. This coming week I need to do some sprinkler fixing, clean up the workbench and start taking a beginner yoga class. My back tends to really let me know when it's unhappy and it has been really unhappy for a while. My doc suggested yoga for stretching, said it has helped her a lot so thought I'd give it a try.

Other then that it is just another week of Saturdays for me.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

deemery

It's cool and cloudy here in SE NH.  Supposed to get hot by mid-week though.  

A work-in-progress photo from the CMR row houses project:
IMG_9907.jpg

The windows and doors are provided by an 'underlay' that glues against the inside of the walls.  I'll attach glazing and probably the curtains that come with the kit to that layer before gluing into position.  I also need to sand down the ends of the cornice to fit, it's just set into position on the photo.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

More progress on the row houses.  The sills are just set into position.
IMG_9909.jpeg
That's the approximate slope going up the hill.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to