Anyone have an (open) jar of Floquil Brunswick Green?

Started by deemery, May 25, 2024, 12:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

I have the old Floquil paint chip card (actual paint colors painted onto chips of treated cardboard and then glued to the card).  But one color that's missing is Brunswick Green.  So if someone has a bottle of Brunswick Green, could you paint a bit onto a piece of photo paper (so the paint won't just soak into the paper and change the color), and send it to me?  I'll add that to the sample I'm preparing to send to KeepItRusty for his Floquil paint matching project.

I took the Floquil card to the local photo shop, and they did a scan and print using their color-calibrated systems.  The result is pretty close to the Floquil card (but the metallic paints don't have that obvious metallic sheen to them.)  

Thanks in advance!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Dave,
 Don't have that Floquil bottle here but this site below has the Floquil mixing info for any color that they produced.
Tommy

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Enamel/Floquil/Brunswick-Green/Brunswick-Green.html
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

That's a good reference site for a general sense of a Floquil color.  The problem with that site is the actual appearance of the color is VERY dependent on monitor quality and calibration.  I tried an experiment with my Brother 3-in-1 printer/scanner.  Some colors on the Floquil card looked pretty close.  Others (Depot Buff, for example) looked significantly different.  

That's why a chip with the actual paint on it is what would be needed to create acrylic paints that match the old Floquil color.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to