Memorial Day May 27, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, May 27, 2024, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

It rained overnight and the clouds have overstayed their welcome, at least in my opinion.  There is more rain in the forecast, with the potential for damaging thunderstorms this afternoon.  I guess I won't be spending much of my day outside.

Nothing new here on the modeling front, still working outside on "farm stuff", even though I have no animals outside of my barn cats.   

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding Memorial Day!
Jerry

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

The neighbors are coming over later this morning with a friend who wants to see the layout.  I will run another test train before hand, though I'm sure it will run well, but will have multiple issues when they get here.   ::)

Might rain today, but I hope the roofers get here tomorrow to start as it looks like 3 straight days of no rain for the first time in a month.  After all the rain the last month or so we're finally up to "abnormally dry" on the US drought monitor.  

It's Memorial Day.  Never Forget.

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

Thank you to all who pass through here today and a special thank you to all who served.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

Good morning,

Thanks to all who served and are serving.

Nothing too special planned here.  It's going to hit 98 today so, as much as possible, I'll stay inside.  I do have to step outside to fire up the grill later for some steaks.  Between now and then one quick trip to Home Depot and a lot of workbench time. 

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Good morning everyone, it's been awhile. Kind of a cold damp day here in Mass, just gonna hang out here in the house and finish up on chores and time at the bench. I like Bob's idea of cooking a steak, I think I can fit that in too..😄

nycjeff

Hello to all and a special thanks to those that have served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice. This is not just another three day weekend- it is a day of rememberance.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

MartyO

It's a rainy day and the gardens need it badly. I am just chilling today thinking whar to pack for out trip.
Marty

deemery

I cleaned the egg Friday, and yesterday did the first cook on it.  Today I'll do steak tip kebabs on the grill.   Today I'll work on the second set of row houses.  I have a bit of design/layout work to do before I start cutting stuff.  With the experience from the first set, this set should go faster.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Late morning check in...started out overcast and now heavy rain again...We wish you a meaningful and memorable Memorial Day...will add a photo for today too to reflect on...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com