Syzdek Mfg by Downtown Deco

Started by nycjeff, June 22, 2024, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nycjeff

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on July 23, 2024, 04:15:58 PMThis came out really nicely, Jeff.

Nice to have something unique on the layout, and this has been changed up a lot.  I'm pleased you have added the supports to the side jut out.  Looking forward to see them and the whole complex installed on your layout.  Also pleased to see the scuppers and downpipes added at the back.

Cheers, Mark.

Hello Mark, thanks for taking the time to look at my build and for the nice comments.

Quote from: restocarp on July 24, 2024, 06:44:07 AMThis looks great, Jeff! I love the variety of materials, dimensions and shapes. Lots of little corners and shadows to get the eye to linger.

Matt

Hello Matt, I had a lot of fun with this build. Once I got going with the add-ons, it just seemed to keep on growing.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

nycjeff

The build has been placed on my layout. Here are a few pictures.

Here's a drone view.

IMG_1293.JPG

A closer to ground level view. I had some fun with the sign over the entrance road.

IMG_1294.JPG

A look at the yard area in front of the structures.

IMG_1295.JPG

A closer look at the siding area. I made the swinging gate from some brass wire that I had in my stash.

IMG_1296.JPG

Most of the details came from Bar Mills- the forklift, the pallets and the fencing.

IMG_1298.JPG
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona

nycjeff

A few more pictures.

IMG_1299.JPG

I'm pleased with the wood support under the large right side bumpout.

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

I had a lot of fun with this Downtown Deco kit and the scratch built additions. I wanted to make my version of this kit a little different and I think that I accomplished my goal. Well, that's it for this one. Now it's on to the next one.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona

deemery

That looks great, and the additions look 'natural'

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Nice.  I like how the fencing sets it apart from the other structures in the area.  Great work!

Jeff

nycjeff

Quote from: deemery on August 07, 2024, 09:39:31 AMThat looks great, and the additions look 'natural'

dave

Hello Dave, thanks for the kind words. I was attempting to make a kit made to look closed and abandoned look like an active business. The additions covered up the boarded up window and door openings. I'm glad that you like them.

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on August 07, 2024, 09:43:30 AMNice.  I like how the fencing sets it apart from the other structures in the area.  Great work!

Jeff

Hello Jeff, I'm glad that you like the fencing. I wanted a defined yard area for this business and the Bar Mills chain link and wood fencing made it easy and look good. Thanks for looking in.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona

GPdemayo

Beautiful scene Jeff.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Jeff,

Well done and looks perfect in the location.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Greg and Tom, thanks for looking in and for the kind words.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona