Sunday, June 30, 2024

Started by ACL1504, June 30, 2024, 07:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Hard to believe this is the last day of June 2024. When I was a youngster, the months took forever to pass, now a month seems to pass in a few days.

Had a full house yesterday with the SBG guys. We ran trains and certainly did our share of BSing. Reading Bob brought his completed Gorman Sign build down for all to see. It is another of Bob's excellent builds. It is certainly better to see it up close as opposed to seeing it on the forum.

I'm planning on working on my book today. Maybe an update on the REA build. I'm actually finished with the build but need to update the build thread.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Tom is sure up early.  My days at work drag on forever, but this four day weekend will be gone in a flash. 

Walling up the ITLA build, the back wall is a bit too short.  I'll work on that later.  

A trip to the grocery store is on tap for this morning. 

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

A day off from trains displays today. Reading Company Technical and Historical Society has been presenting our annual setup at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania this week. Crowds seem thinner than past years, but who counts? Up early to help our son and grandson depart for Columbus, OH and the start of a new chapter in our son's life. Family birthday party later on with the Italian side of the clan. Lots of noise coming up with this celebration. Love it!
Stay cool and dry.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Our annual trip up to PA was a little too early to see the RCT&H moduler layout at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania this year.  As Maxwell Smart used to say, "Missed it by that much."

As Tom mentioned, we had a great time yesterday at the SBG gathering.  Always a hoot.

Round two of airbrushing today.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  Not too much to do so it shouldn't take too long.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

Morning everyone

Another great picture Bob.
Fine example of weathering for sure.

Work continues on the Derrick.  Hopefully I can string the cable lines on it today.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  ;D

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

We're home from Colorado.  The wedding yesterday was OK, fortunately no one expected me to dance :-) But the 2 days in the Rockies beforehand, including some time at the Colorado Railroad Museum, "paid for" the trip.  Driving through Rocky Mountain National Park is not for the faint hearted, particularly with 40+mph winds.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to