Thursday July 4th, 2024

Started by Jim Donovan, July 04, 2024, 08:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

IMG_4787.jpegFor those in the States, Happy 4th of July. We will be having family over for hot dogs and hamburgers along with swimming in the neighbour's pool. Not much on the modeling front to share at this time. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Morning Jeff and others drifting in,

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!

Nothing to see here as I'm taking it easy an messing around on the layout. May cook hamburgers later on the grill.

Have a safe day everyone.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Morning all.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY the U.S.A. and thanks  to all the real producers that make this nation work!

All day party with buffet, music and bang bangs this evening at the Villages.....y'all come on down!  :) :) :)

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Morning everyone

And a Very HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERYONE!!

Everyone enjoy the day!  :)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

At least it's a short work day, only 'til noon.  No festivities planned here for the Fourth.

Jeff

ReadingBob

Happy 4th of July to everyone in the USA!  Good morning, to those outside of the states!

Not much on the agenda today.  Hot dogs and mac and cheese for dinner this evening.  We're not going anywhere to watch fireworks.  Probably won't have to.  I'm sure neighbors will be setting them off all around us.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

BandOGuy

"A republic, ma'am, if you can keep it". My favorite community theater role, even as a minor character. (Joseph Hewes of North Carolina). Off to a family picnic today. With all those crazy Italians present, there's an opportunity for early fireworks.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Rollin

If we're going to quote the classics, I give you Dr. Lyman Hall:

...I remembered something I'd once read-"that a representative owes the People not only his industry, but his judgement, and he betrays them if he sacrifices it to their opinion." It was written by Edmund Burke, a member of the British Parliament.

In my younger days I played both this part, and Rutledge.

Happy Fourth!

tom.boyd.125

Morning everyone...overcast today with more rain on the way...getting the grill going now between the rounds of wet weather...wishing all forum members a great 4th of July today...
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

MartyO

July the 4th, the day to get sun scorched, headaches, stomachs that have felt better and loud bangs at night that are not gun shots.

Enjoy!
Marty

deemery

Quote from: BandOGuy on July 04, 2024, 10:03:59 AM"A republic, ma'am, if you can keep it". My favorite community theater role, even as a minor character. (Joseph Hewes of North Carolina). Off to a family picnic today. With all those crazy Italians present, there's an opportunity for early fireworks.
I quoted that in my Letter to the Editor on Monday's Supreme Court decision....  But I attributed it to Ben Franklin.  

The goal of hanging the backdrop was not met, I ran out of double-sided heavy sticky tape.  So I ordered some more, and worked on the photo flats and scenery for the area in front of the backdrop/flats.  Not as much progress as I hoped, but still progress...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to