Instructions for Bar Mills Kits

Started by swisstrain, July 09, 2024, 02:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstrain

I picked up a couple of Bar Mills Kits at ebay, but unfortunately, they are missing the instructions.

Would anyone have instructions for the following Bar Mills Kits that either they could part with or copy and send me, electronically or by mail.  (I would of course compensate for any copying or shipping costs):
- Cigar Corner
- The Homer Paint Co. and Old Dominion Broom Co.
- Jaggerz Weding & Cutting

Please send a private message

BandOGuy

I haven't checked these kits, but there a lot of inx tor orphan kits at www.hoseeker.com.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

swisstrain

Thanks BandOGuy, for the tip.

I visited and didn't find what I was looking for.  It appears that website has not been updated in a while.

JimMooney

Did you call Bar MIlls? I see on the site he has a message about it, but maybe you could offer to pay for them?

swisstrain

Hi Jim - I think I will do that as my next avenue.  I thought maybe someone on the forum just had them available.

JimMooney

Keep It Rusty

PSA: Most kit manufacturers do not provide instructions for second-hand kits that are missing them. Some even state this explicitly on their website(s). You can always try, of course.

deemery

Quote from: Keep It Rusty on August 08, 2024, 04:12:20 AMPSA: Most kit manufacturers do not provide instructions for second-hand kits that are missing them. Some even state this explicitly on their website(s). You can always try, of course.

Well, my experience has been the opposite.  If I asked politely, and offered to pay, usually they'd send me a PDF of the instructions.  'Proof of ownership' of the kit helps, so you're not just phishing for instructions to scratch-build the kit.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

swisstrain

To close the loop, for one of the kits, a fellow forum member contacted me via PM and was very kind in scanning the instructions and sending them to me via email.

Bar Mills, after contacting them and offering to pay for instructions,  did send me the missing instructions for the remaining two of the kits for a nominal amount and postage.  However, I also got a clear indication from Art Fahie that they are not supporting kits traded on ebay.

JimMooney