Monday, July 15, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, July 15, 2024, 08:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Trash/recycling is out and car is charging.   Gonna be another hot one today.  The humidity is 93% already.  I'll be going out for my walk early, hopefully can make at least four miles.   

The garage cleaning was a chore yesterday, not only because it felt like a sauna.  I moved everything, swept everything, and...the power washer didn't work.  At first it was due to water hook up issues, but later  it tripped the circuit breaker, and I think it burned the motor out.  So after an online study of power washers (and drying off), fortunately Lowe's had the one in stock I wanted, and at $50 off.  The garage still wasn't dried out after 3 plus hours.  

Jeff

deemery

Dr Jeff, do you make house calls with your new power washer?  Our the leeward sides of our house could use a good scrubbing?

Hot and humid here for the next 3 days, weather should break Wednesday evening or Thursday. 

Speaking of 'tripping circuit breakers' - the Arc Fault breaker that was being tripped by the basement/train room dehumidifier has only tripped once since I bought a Ground Fault breaker to replace it.  That breaker is still in the box.  I guess the threat of replacement was enough to make the Arc Fault behave. 

More work on the sidewalks today after German class.

add:  Pin wash added to the cracks.  The first photo is a close-up showing one corner with full pin wash, and the other with pin wash on the outsides only.  I'm using Vallejo acrylic dark grey wash.
IMG_0030.jpg

and the full set of sidewalks done.  I sprayed them with A&I wash, which had the accidental benefit of adding some cracking to the acrylics on the slates.  
IMG_0032.jpg
I need to let the paint re-cure after the A&I wash, then I'll do pigments and finally repaint the curbs.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning all,

I'm just going to repeat what Greg said. Oh wait, I did so above.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Well it is barely morning and I finished planting a few roses in 40C humidex. Then it rained...
Marty