Friday, July 18, 2924

Started by ACL1504, July 19, 2024, 07:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Breakfast is ready, help yourselves.

I plan on some modeling this fine day.

The Judge sent me the photo below. Me, Reading Bob and Jim Miller. Jim passed some 5 years ago and he was Jimmillho on this form. He is missed. If you asked Jim what time it was he would tell you the history starting with the sundial.

Have a great day everyone.

Tom 

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

I bet Bob is VERY HAPPY to be retired from Corporate IT today, since it's "Worldwide corporate BSOD day" on Windows computers....

After a trip to the store, more work on the buildings I cut from the backdrop.  That's coming along well, although it's a 4 day process to get them flattened out once they're mounted on the mat board.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

First of my eleven days off.   ;D  Probably will go for a long walk today, I'm up to five plus miles, which should be sufficient for when I go to the Oshkosh airshow next week.  My son and I walked about 8 miles over 8 hours a couple of years ago.  

I hope to get some train stuff done, but not a lot of motivation there.  

Jeff

MartyO

Morning,

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood, unless you are someone who gets bonuses for big business IT uptime.
Marty

tom.boyd.125

Morning, Tom...Thanks for posting that photo of Jim and his layout...Crazy to look in my phone book and see how many names have been crossed out in 50 years but lots of great memories to look back upon...Sunny and low 80's today...spent the day yesterday catching up on outside house work since the weather was great. Photo taken on a layout tour last year in the Twin Cities...NP and S gauge...Tommy 
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Great picture Tom.  I just so happen to be wearing that shirt today.  ;) I miss Jim.  He was one of a kind.

Yep, it's a great day to be retired from the IT world! ;D I don't know if my company was affected or not.  I'm sure I'll hear about it if they were.  Best part is it doesn't matter to me!

I did my walk early this morning.  I'm only up to 2.5 miles.  I'd love to get up to 5.  I have until next June to get into better shape.  I don't want to be the old guy slowing up the excursions on our trip next year.  :o

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

nycjeff

Hello Matt, nice video. Well deserved publicity for you, your work is fantastic.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Matt,

Congrats on the fame. Will fortune follow? Nice video showing your excellent building skills.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

restocarp

Tom,

Surely there will be great riches. I have already begun planning how to spend it.

Matt

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 19, 2024, 07:57:06 AMMorning all,

Breakfast is ready, help yourselves.

I plan on some modeling this fine day.

The Judge sent me the photo below. Me, Reading Bob and Jim Miller. Jim passed some 5 years ago and he was Jimmillho on this form. He is missed. If you asked Jim what time it was he would tell you the history starting with the sundial.

Have a great day everyone.

Tom

Great model railroad history photograph.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

Really interesting video, Matt.

Some great modeling and always nice to put a face to the name.

Cheers, Mark.