Monday - Sept 16 2024

Started by Onewolf, September 16, 2024, 06:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onewolf

Good morning,

It's the start of a work week. 

The drywall guys finished last week, the paint was delivered on Saturday, and hopefully the painters do their thing thing this week. If the painters finish this week I plan to drive down to Dalton GA next week to pick up 1400 sq ft of 2ft random carpet tiles.  And install about 250 linear feet of baseboard.

Doug

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Had a very nice weekend -- getting the opportunity to ride on a Pannier Tank driven train (attaching a photo of her below).

Here in the West Country UK, we have a few heritage lines that still regularly run a bunch of well-maintained puffers -- the Pannier being just one of many. As a bonus, it was a 40's themed weekend, so all the stations we stopped at was like a bygone era with thousands of people all in dress, acting the part. A real treat!

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Good to see your guard dog on duty, Doug.   Cool steamers picture as well.   

The back street is done, now to start finishing the scenery behind it.  

Jeff

Onewolf

Otis is watching his girlfriend Daisy (A Boxer the same age as Otis). 

I really hope we don't end up with a litter of Boxer/Corgi cross puppies.   :o

My Vet recommends waiting until 1 year before Otis gets 'snipped'.

MartyO

Good Morning,

I have been to the dentist to get my once a year teeth cleaning. Painless, except for the wallet.

Outside work still has to progress despite the rather warmish weather.
Marty

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Just a few little chores to do today.  Schedule appointments, clean the CPAP machine, try to get my wife access to her new TransUnion account so we can freeze her credit scores (that's been an ongoing battle), etc.  Maybe I'll squeeze in some workbench time.

A build from years ago.  A fun FOS kit.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Some errands this morning and now in the train shed. Working on the travel trailer build thread.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Afternoon All, 

Just catching up after a solid NNGC this past week...half of my suitcase was empty when I left - full on the return...mission accomplished. Being an HOn30 weirdo, I was very happy to see two modular layouts and quite a bit of stuff on the vendor tables (most of which I took home  ;D). 

My haul...
HOn30 - 10 "used/weathered/RTR" freight cars
           - (drumroll)...Joe Works Brass 2 truck Shay -my dream little loco and it runs well too. It's my first brass loco and I hope it's not like owning a classic Mustang (looks great, oil stains in the driveway and constant repairs)

HOn3  - Blackstone C-19, courtesy of John Siekirk, formerly owned by ME. Custom painted years ago by ACL Tom and decaled for the Carrabasset & Dead River Ry. (decals graciously donated by King Frary himself)...so this one is kind of special for me.
          - 7 Blackstone assorted freight cars

HO scale in general   -Bar Mills ice house...it looks like it could be bashed into part of the mine complex I crave
           - assorted detail parts, including some cool-looking Berkshire Valley aerial bucket trams and towers and some FSM castings from Slim (who graciously had a bunch of us over for lunch and a tour of what goes on behind the curtain).
           -a couple of those ridiculously priced HOn3 annuals...really nice reads, but ...ouch
           - one more Micro Engineering steel trestle extension...I might have enough but I'd really hate to come up short!

(wallet still VERY warm in my pocket  :o)

*also, just catching up on threads here - Dave Emery, that trestle looks great!

John

deemery

Rough terrain, dirt, some shrubbery.  You can barely see at the bottom of the photo a white piece of styrene.  When I remove that, the bent should fit right into the scenery.  I've done this for most of the bents, tomorrow I'll remove the styrene and place the bents.  I probably won't glue the bents, because I think I want to do some static grass first.  But I have a visiter coming Wednesday and I promised her she'd see "something new."IMG_0174.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to