Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, September 25, 2024, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Slept late after a tough work day yesterday.  The other provider went home sick and I worked solo.  At least we got out on time. 

Nothing planned today, but may tinker on the layout. 

This plane is a trainer/transport from WW2.  I saw over Iowa City when out on my walk a few days before the Oshkosh air show.  It's a tribute plane to the women who piloted in WW2.

Jeff

MartyO

Good morning,

I woke up to a totally dark sky and the threat of thunderstorms, a coffee woke me to the reality of more days of rain.
Marty

BandOGuy

Great photo, Jeff. That must be the granddaddy of the Navy's Bugsmasher.
For those of you sleeping in this morning, let me remind those of you that celebrate the Holiday that Christmas is three months from today. Tough to complete your shopping while sleeping in.
Just sayin'.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

deemery

Well, I bought my first Christmas present of the season yesterday ("50 Beer Hikes in New England" for a friend who likes both activities.)  I was his support guy when he ran the Marine Corps Marathon (about 20 years ago...)  When I picked him up after the race, he said "We have to stop by a 7-11.  I need a bottle of Motrim and a 6-pack of recarbohydration."  

Cloudy and seasonally cool in SE NH, fall is definitely here.  I did well last night, but we'll see how today goes after yesterday's surgery.  But I'm off the "no knives, no power tools, no driving" restrictions.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

I'm back from running some errands, groceries, gasoline, barn cat chow, allergy meds, etc. i hope to get a little modeling squeezed in around chores.  Overcast here with spotty showers this morning, and forecast for the afternoon as well. 

I hope everyone has a great day!
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Good Morning from Central FL...Tropical storm on the way 

I've actually made some nice progress on my layout - in small bites. I'll share some pics in the layout thread when I get around to it.

Have a good one...John

Jerry

Afternoon

Had to take the puppy for her annual vet visit.
Wow a lot more expensive than mine was!!!

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Prepping for the storm is complete.  Actually, all I did was empty the gas cans into my car and then run to the station to refill them just to ensure that the gas in the cans doesn't get too old.  Hopefully we won't need them.  I hate having to fire up the generator.  The storm should be pretty far to the west of us, unless things change, and we'll be getting some of the outer bands.  

Guess I'll rid out the storm at the workbench.  ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.