Tuesday - October 15 2024

Started by Onewolf, Today at 07:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onewolf

Good morning all,

A chilly start this morning. 37 degrees.  High of around 60 today.

Normal work day for me.

Still (slowly) working on cleaning/organizing the basement garage space.

That's all.

Doug

deemery

Chilly here, too, down to 38 last night.  But sunny and dry, after 2 days of drizzle.  

Today I'll check the scenery I did yesterday, and if I'm OK with it, I'll remove the plugs, clean out and test fit the bents.  I'll cut and stain the sway bracing, and when that's dry, I'll start assembling the bents, using the sway bracing to keep the bents plumb.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Today is another day where the weather cannot make up its mind.  Overcast with some bands of showers passing through, maybe sunny at some passing intervals, then back to rain for the overnight.  Near freezing temperature to start the day, and the next couple, warming later in the week. 

I'm still on what seems like a never ending task, repairing and upgrading freight cars for my layout.  Most of these have been stored in their original boxes for many years.  (I was on a freight car building kick when I did not have a layout.)  I have been surprised at the amount of damage to small parts that has occurred while the cars were stored.

I hope everyone has a safe day!
Jerry

MartyO

Morning,

Blue skies and cold temperatures, perfect day to mow the lawn, maybe.
Marty

ACL1504

Morning all,

If this news has already been shared, I missed it.

I learned yesterday from a modeling friend that Doug Fosscale's wife, Amy, lost her battle with cancer two weeks ago. My thoughts and prayers for Doug during this trying time of sadness.

Have a good day everyone.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Tom, that's very sad news.  I was aware that Doug's wife had cancer but hadn't heard the news that she had passed.  My condolences to Doug and all who knew Amy.

Not much going on here.  It's supposed to get cooler later this week which is more than enough to encourage me to procrastinate when it comes to those chores that need to be done outside.  I'll be working on a small Downtown Deco kit this afternoon.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Onewolf

Btw, Doug Foscale posted about the passing of his wife on Sept 25 on his "Fos Scale Models- Unique Structure Kits" Facebook page/group. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=968408795303498&set=a.460950582715991

cuse

Sad news about Doug's loss.

I've been a little distracted by these hurricanes and the resultant cleanup, but happy to say my chainsaw skills (family business back in NY) are still strong. Quite a few eager dads came out to play and I'm sure I saved a few of them who weren't really aware of how dangerous it can be to cut up a tree on the ground (weight shifts, pinch points, etc)  :o

Truth be told, I walked away from my layout for a breather anyway as a single spot in the loop refuses to not derail a single wheel on the tender of my Blackstone C-17...EVERY time. I soldered, filed, sanded, cleaned, bent, etc and just can't seem to get it right...it's been over a week, maybe I'll dive back in tonight...I just want to get it to run around and around without incident, so I can move on to more fun things like scenery and playing with the sound effects for my grandson.

John