Friday October 18, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, October 18, 2024, 07:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Cold and foggy start to the day here in upstate NY.  Blueberry muffins this morning with the usual drinks.  Not sure if the cook is on strike or just AWOL. 

Plan for this morning is to work on some freight cars, and proceed outside this afternoon if the forecast for a sunny day is correct.

I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Our new stove arrives today, and wife might make cookies to check it out :-) 

This afternoon, after the cleaners and stove installer are done, I'll get back to the trestle project, installing the bents.  Looks like I'll have to adjust the height on some of the bents, no big deal....
IMG_0273.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Onewolf

Ola,

Normal work day for me.  It's a cool 35 degrees this morning.  High should be near 70 and another beautiful sunny day.

This morning I got started on installing the shower/tub glass doors in the guest bathroom.  I ordered a ton of stuff for my house build from Home Depot and the shower/tub glass doors is the only order they managed to screw up. They couldn't figure out how to deliver the glass doors so they didn't/wouldn't. And they wouldn't ship them to a store so I could pick them up.

Doug

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

You folks are up early today.  I'm up early as I have  PT appointment this morning.  Otherwise nothing planned for today.

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning all,

Doug, if a plan can go wrong, it will. Murphy's Law and all that.

Nothing special on my agenda today, just taking it easy.

Have a great day y'all.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on October 18, 2024, 07:59:20 AMOur new stove arrives today, and wife might make cookies to check it out :-)

This afternoon, after the cleaners and stove installer are done, I'll get back to the trestle project, installing the bents.  Looks like I'll have to adjust the height on some of the bents, no big deal....
IMG_0273.jpg

dave

Dave,

I'm sure the cookies will be good and it looks like you are on the level with the trestle work.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Morning All...

Today I'm going to work on...work  :P

Actually, hoping to knock off a bit early and get on my bike before dark.  Couldn't get excited about the healing properties of the cold plunge on this (for FL) relatively chilly morning - but I'll do it post-bike.

Made some operating progress on the layout yesterday but my new (to me) little brass Shay isn't running - which is infuriating. I probably should have stuck with the disposable stuff as I have no inkling of taking it apart and checking under the hood. Maybe someday, in my retirement, I'll develop an interest in stuff like that  :-\. I'm kind of hoping that when I build the big steel trestle and do a more particular job of leveling the track over it...it'll run better. If not, I'll just rip the whole thing down and start over again (and again and again).

Have a great Friday - those of you that still count them.

MartyO

Good morning

I am snug as a bug in a rug. Not enough warm drink will get me up, maybe a pizza will?
Marty

BandOGuy

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

tom.boyd.125

Morning, nice weather here, cool in the morning and 70 in the afternoon. Was windy yesterday, the train rides are sold out and the fall colors are at 75 to 100 percent. Candy store was busy too....Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Just a lazy day, doing not much of anything, today.  I'll get back to the workbench tomorrow.  ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.