Monday, October 21, 2024

Started by ACL1504, October 21, 2024, 09:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

I guess everyone is waiting on one of us to open. Well, here it is, the doors are open.

I'm cleaning up the train shed today and getting ready to work on the layout.

We have out of town house guests, nephew and his wife. They are on Calif. time and waiting for them to get up at noon for breakfast isn't working very well with me.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

I've been working on some trimming and general cleanup around the outside of the house this morning.  I'm in to grab a drink before heading back outside. 

I made progress on the O&W boxcar I am scratch building.  The "box" structure is complete, I'm down to adding fascia trim before I add the wood roof sheathing.  Not sure how much I'll get done today due to working outside.  

I hope everyone has a great day!
Jerry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Got my morning walk in earlier.  Lazed around reading the paper, etc. until now.  Think I'll head out for lunch and then hit the workbench when I get home.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

MartyO

good afternoon,

The weather is absolutely warm and beautiful today. Time for some de-thatching before Winter.
Marty

tom.boyd.125

Morning...Indian Summer here in Minnesota...80 today with leaves falling off the trees...the fall colors were great in our area this year...time to put some Christmas lights outside the house before the snow comes...Thanks for the birthday and anniversary mentions too...Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

cuse

Afternoon all...

early voting started today in FL

Beautiful sunny day here with a bit of a nice cool breeze. 

I think I'll tear down my layout and start over. I'm just not happy with my "island" configuration and, despite some progress...it's just not giving me the warm fuzzies...I feel like I've neglected the "lessons" of the last decades of layouts. Dropped my son back off at college yesterday...I wonder if he'll even notice when he's home for Thanksgiving and I've switched rooms with him  8)

Jim Donovan

Good Evening Folks;

Another late check in for me. Oh well. Cuse let me know how that goes for you with your son, they do live in a world of their own at that age.

Today I got time on the computer and 3D printers working on my concept of windows with a 'pocket' in the center of the depth dimension of the window. It looks like I can create the slot to slide the glass or acetate at .4mm and the printer will make the window with the center slot. Thickness of the window was 1.75mm overall which scales out at 6 inches, a little thick but perhaps doable. Tomorrow I will see if I can get the overall thickness down to 1.5mm or scale 5 inches. I think that will be as thin as I can make it and have the mullions print correctly. If I can accomplish this it will mean all my future windows will have the mullions on both sides of the glass and it will eliminate glue appearing on parts of the glass. We will see, progress at least.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad