The Empire

Started by Zephyrus52246, August 31, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Using two tiny dabs of glue, I placed the piece between the mainline rails to further test.  The trains have to run perfectly, scenic considerations are secondary.  I ran some diesels, big steam, little steam, light 2 bay hoppers, and several finicky passenger cars through it forward and backward, slow and at "Greg Speed"  ;D .  No derailments.  Next the pieces will be spray painted grey. 

Jeff

Jim Donovan

Looking really good.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Thanks for looking in, Jim.  

The next step was doing the street between the town and Produce market.  This was masked off, spray painted grey and then Pan Pastels used for coloring.  I need to figure out striping for the new streets.  I used a stencil and hand painted the others, but they didn't turn out great.  I may try a decal instead.  Anyway the street needs a bit of lightening. 

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I then installed the rest of the sidewalks.  Placing the buildings at the end of the street, there is a gap.  

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I thought a dirt lot with a car parked here might work, but there's supposed to be two tracks here, which go nowhere, so I used the buildings to block this.  I had an extra "First Timer Bar" that was a freebie from Downtown Deco and built it in a few days.  It fits pretty well, I think the gap will be blocked by a bush and tree.
It has no door, but it's really not noticeable from the aisle.
Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I painted and installed the piece of track from the Produce Store as well.  Now I need to make some ground goop and sculptamold to finish this area.  Then paint/grass/bushes/trees.  

Jeff

ACL1504

Jeff,

The Empire is looking great. I like the method you used to mark the road crossing. I've used a similar method using 2 ply cardboard.

The Empire is coming together very nicely.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Tom.  I'm slowly progressing forward.  Need to check my scenery materials as there's a Scenic Express sale going on. 

Jeff

S&S RR

Good to see you working on the Empire Jeff. Looking good!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Nice job one the produce store.  What a fun little (okay, maybe not so little) kit!  Love it.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Good to see you, John.  Thanks for looking in.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Hi, Bob.  The Bailey's produce was a group build from many years ago.  It fits well here.  

Jeff

Mark Dalrymple

Looks great, Jeff.

What colour/ brand did you use for the green roof?  Has there been an earthquake?  I notice the chimney has had an accident...

Cheers, Mark.