Franklin & South Manchester Railroad - 2016 - From the Air.

Started by S&S RR, April 06, 2016, 08:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 17, 2017, 05:30:45 PM
John,

No problem. I just found another file I placed in the wrong place. It contains another 100 or so photos from the last March photo shoot.

The problem is they are all pictures of areas we have already covered. I guess we'll need a catch up session of missed photos.

Hope I don't get fired.

Tom ;D

Tom

Let's plan on a new and what we forgot along the way section after we complete one complete lap around the layout at Filmore Yard.

I have the same problem - pictures that got placed in the wrong directory on the initial sort. If the picture is a new angle or a just has to be in the right place I will edit the past posts and put it in from there, as time permits.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on February 17, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I gave up the game of golf because my friends were to old to remember where I hit the ball. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Last night, I finished sorting the pictures of South Manchester and Manchester.  Now, I have to get them ready to post. I'm going to do a few structures at a time rather, than waiting until the complete area is finished - so I should have new pictures to post this week.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Let's take another look at our grid map to get ready for the next section of pictures.  We will be starting in section I 4 and then move into J4. I will then move into sections I 5 and J 5.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

A note on structure placement.  In sorting the pictures of South Manchester and Manchester I kept having the problem with were to place the pictures of the large buildings that separate the peninsula of the layout.  The front of a building may be in one town and the back in the other. So I will merge the pictures by structure so all of the pictures of a particular structure will be in the same place.  I hope this will be clear as we move through the pictures.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

This thread is locked.  All new pictures will be posted in a new thread - Starting with South Manchester.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The three threads that comprise the F&SM Pictures averaged 763 views per day the last 60 days. I have been keep track of it for the past 2 years and this views per day number has ranged between 427 and 846. That is an amazing interest in George's work.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: It has been a couple years since I woke these threads up and moved them to the top of the stack. George and I talk on regular bases and we planned on doing an update photo shoot in 2020.  Like everything else in 2020 it has been postponed - to a time when we have a vaccine and travel through out the land is again safe. George has been keeping busy making changes to the F&SM. He describes changes to me and then we talk about what's going to get changed, next. I can't wait to get there - hopefully a 2021 trip. Until then,  I revisit these pictures and find something new every time I look through them.
John Siekirk