O'Neils Mercantile & Repair

Started by Larry C, March 23, 2026, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip


Larry C

Thank you guys; I appreciate your comments.

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on August 26, 2026, 08:46:06 AMVery nice diorama, Larry.  I'm intrigued by your coloring of the figures with chalk/alcohol.  What do you prime them with first?  They look great.

Jeff

Yes I spray paint the figures with a grey primer first and let thoroughly dry. I use Rembrandt soft chalks from Blick.com. I scrape the ends with a utility razor blade onto my work surface then I dip my brush in clear alcohol and grab some of the powder chalk with the wet brush so I get the right consistency. I carefully start painting the figure one area at a time. Sometimes I have to go over each area twice to get the right coverage. The last thing is to use a flat flesh paint to do the skin areas. After everything drys I dry brush some black chalk to go over the whole figure bringing out the details.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

kyle creel

Man, Larry C*; You're so talented...it looks as if one could 'step right into it'.....  :o  :o  :o  :o  ;)  ;)  ;) ...so very beautiful...

KYLE CREEL
IMMR & T Co.

Larry C

Quote from: kyle creel on Today at 10:34:43 AMMan, Larry C*; You're so talented...it looks as if one could 'step right into it'.....  :o  :o  :o  :o  ;)  ;)  ;) ...so very beautiful...

KYLE CREEL
IMMR & T Co.

Thank you Kyle; much appreciated.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

Powered by EzPortal