Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

ACLTom, good morning.
Good luck to Pam and glad the eye continues to improve.

Larry C

Good Morning,

Mike thanks for the coffee and breakfast. Glad Sharon's ok yes the car is fixable. We have the same problem around here with deer being where they shouldn't be especially when deer season opens.Mike a nap may be in your future.

Tom sorry you couldn't sleep but good news about the eye. I guess you'll have to play "bowling cheerleader" for awhile.

Rick have fun at the camera club.

What's your plans for the day?

It's a clear 41 with a high of only 57. The gentleman showed up yesterday and we filled the back of his pickup with wood; made his tires squat a little but he lives up the road and around the corner so wasn't very far to go. This afternoon I'll clean up the bark in that area then it'll be finished. In a couple of weeks I'll get my snowblower serviced and put it out by the road with a sigh for 50 bucks since it's about 10 years old; need something a little bigger with a much larger engine. Maybe some bench time later.

Have a great and safe day!! Be well and heal up.

Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

TomO/Tloc

#362
Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 05, 2026, 08:00:48 AMGood Morning All,



TomO I thought you wanted to cut back your commission work?



Curt, I have cut back and have no plans for custom weathering except for a few diesels per month. Except for any pre-1970 cars these were all coming from my own fleet.

TomO

KentuckySouthern

IMG_4240.jpeg

Add another to the early up list.  :-\

After a morning grocery run I spent a bit of time on the layout.

Ouch! on the car, Mike. Glad your gal is ok. With hunting season starting here those encounters will increase here.
IMG_4226.jpeg
This big boy was up on the cam in the UP compound. There has already been one hunter shot locally here by someone in their yard target shooting.

Hope all have a fine day.


TomO/Tloc

Good morning from Wisconsin. It is 46f degrees now and 75 later.

The Tuesday movie is Heart of the Beast with Brad Pitt and a dog. The movie choices have been slim since Labor Day with only 1 being seen. I dislike Tom Cruise so there is no way I'll sit and watch Digger his latest movie scam

I'll be helping the Son in Law cut the 20acres between the main house and our place between 10 and 1. I haven't driven a tractor in years but it shouldn't be that tough. We will also do the vineyard and hopefully 2 of the paddocks but those are done with the zero turns. These are generally cut once a month except for the paddocks that the horses normally handle. Because of school, poor wet weather and weekend soccer they have not been cut since August. They have though been cutting around both homes and the ROW along the County Roads going around or through the property. The SIL asked and I said yes. Hopefully these are the last cuttings for the season

The LHS and I have a deal for nothing close to what I was hoping for or he had hinted at. 10 cars with a re-stock of at least 5 when he calls until February. Though he is buying the 1st 10 instead of consignment as we originally discussed. Hopefully I can reduce the fleet inventory significantly by Christmas. These are cars I weathered for myself or were purchased to weather and sell on FB! There was a time I purchased cars guessing what would sell quick. Not all my guesses were great and these appeared on my layout briefly

Enjoy your day
TomO

TomO/Tloc

Mike, glad the wife is ok! Not fun when a deer or bear suddenly appear in your line of sight while driving at any speed. The car is fixable but she is priceless

The 1st deer that ever hit me I had just left work in Merrill, Wi and I saw a flash and then a boom. Speed limit was 45 so I was probably  doing 53 or 55. Before I could stop the car looked in the mirror saw the damn deer tumbling, get up and run off. The car was a Nissan Altima totaled.

Too many encounters with the deer and 2 bears in Northern Wisconsin over the years. The deer in Southern Wisconsin seem to know how to cross a road.

Tom

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast Mike. Sorry about the car but I'm glad Sharon was unhurt.

My fitbit says I slept well but I'm not feeling it. No benchwork yesterday, by the time I got home I had no desire to do anything.

Today after chores I hope to finish putting in the ribs. If I do I'll take a photo.

Tom enjoy watching Pam bowl and I'm glad your eye continues to improve. I hope your energy continues to improve also.

Rick nice looking horses. What does Star think of them?

Larry sounds like a busy day. Don't over do it.

TomO I don't like Cruise either. Good luck with the rail cars.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

Mike, wife hit a deer a couple years ago.  At least USAA charged this under Comprehensive rather than Collision, so our rates didn't go up.  But it wasn't cheap (in her Volvo).

Rick, some long tails on those horses...

Today I should get back to the train room after the problems with vehicles.  I need to run a test for LightBurn on a problem I reported.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Morning everyone

Mike thanks for the coffee * breakfast.
Glad that Sharon didn't get hurt.

Tom glad to hear the eye is better.

Rick nice picture of the horses.
I thought they would have repaired it by now.

Larry bet your glad the wood pile is gone now.

Karl nice picture this am.

TomO have fun cutting that grass be careful on the tractor.

Curt looking forward to the update.

Morning Dave.

Weather in South Jersey is sunny/48.  Later on 64.
Izzy to the groomer this morning.
And nothing to report from the bench.
But the leaves are gone.

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

elwoodblues

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Mike, sorry to hear about Sharon's encounter with the deer, glad to hear she is OK.  I hit a deer once in Virginia, not a fun experience.

Tom, glad to hear that the eyesight is approving, have fun watching Pam bowl.

Rick, RB is improving, but to late to catch Kimi.  It's nice to see Max in a competitive car again.  Have fun at the camera club.  Any news on the camera repair?

Larry, bet you are glad that the wood is finally gone.

Karl, that is a good size buck. Have fun working on the layout.

TomO, hope the grass cutting goes well, sounds like a huge project.

Curt, hope the rib installation goes well.

Dave, glad the tire repairs were relatively inexpensive, hope you get the LightBurn problem resolved to your satisfaction.

Jerry, now that the leaves are gone, the million dollar question is????  Will you make it to the bench? 😊

Current weather here is 6c (43f) and sunny, needed a jacket this morning.  NO modeling last night, I had some running around to do last night as buy the time I got home, made and ate dinner, I didn't feel like doing anything.  We shall see what tonight brings.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

Philip

Sorry about the wife's accident Mike. 

Was in the 40's earlier. We dropped Gena's car off for service this am. Now they are in my pocket $ Curt! CV axels and a steering rack being replaced. Took forever to get the parts in. It seems if your car is an older model parts are scarce by design to force a new car purchase. I'll stick to the older ones for now.



 

PRR Modeler

Philip we use the same reasoning on keeping MOH's van instead of a new one.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Larry C

Morning Gents,

The morning beverages are set and at the end of the counter. Breakfast is cheesy scrambled eggs, hash browns, crispy bacon and/or pan sausages.

What's happening in your neck of the woods?

It's currently 38 on the back porch with a high of 70. Spent some time outside yesterday starting to get a few odds and ends done for cold weather; it was cool but nice. Chiropractor's  apt @ 9am to get my back cracked. Started working on the wheelhouse yesterday only to realize it was too narrow. The sides are fine so I'll finish those then redo the front and make it about 2 ft wider.

Have an enjoyable and safe day!! Be well.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

Rick

Good morning everyone.

49 now, sunny and 74 later.

Larry, thanks for the coffee and breakfast and hope you get to make more progress at the bench.

Philip, planned obsolescence is a thing.

Ron, definitely no one is catching Kimi, and didn't suggest anyone would.

Jerry, how are you?

Dave, those tails are great for swatting flies.

Curt, surprisingly she doesn't pay any attention to them.
Maybe because she's seen many in our travels.
Deer, rabbits and squirrels still capture much attention.

TomO, how'd the mowing go?

Karl, very pretty sunrise.

ACLTom, how's Pam do?

How's everyone else?

While I was out yesterday I picked up a few bottles of paint, brushes and glues.
Still months away from doing any modeling.
I'm not in a rush.
Nothing planned for today yet.

First light on my hike up Grays Peak back in July.

070926GraysPeakSilverPlumeCO06Small.jpg

Have a great day everyone.


PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast Larry. When I was working I went to the Chiropractor every week.

Rainy here. Started yesterday and will continue through Monday with the worst over the weekend from the gulf storm.

Sitting in a garage waiting room. The car traction control idiot light is on. I tried what I could but no go and it has a electric door lock going bad.

I'll try posting later.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Powered by EzPortal