Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Curt, do skunks beg for food like dogs and some cats do?  (He asks, as his one dog stands alongside his chair, whining for more treats...)

Its' another perfect fall day, sunny, cool, blue sky, bright leaves...  The yard is starting to accumulate leaves, one maple is mostly sticks, and the oaks are starting to shed a bit.  Scotch Club has been called for this afternoon, no particular theme.  

I repainted the door and window for the laser shed, today I'll add glazing and glue them in place.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Morning Geezers,

Thanks for breakfast Rick, The Cheerios were great.

I'm spending the day with Pam. She wants to go the huge Antique Center. While she walks around I'll spend time at the coin dealer looking for old US currency.,

It has rained here for six straight days. I wonder if I should build an ark and not more models.  ;D ;D

I think I'll rent out my front yard for hunting to the locals as it is tall enough to hide a cat, even if it is a small one. NO, I'm not saying cats need to be hunted. Just an expression.

Have a safe, dry and happy day everyone.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

elwoodblues

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Rick.  I agree with Curt, I bet further investigation about the seat covers will reveal that the damage was caused by a rogue squirrel. ;D  Enjoy your hike after your Costco visit.

Larry, I don't bother mulching leaves as Gracie like to play in them.

Curt, sounds like you are making great progress on the legs with a lot more work to go.

Dave, for a second there I thought you were building a shed for the laser. :o  I need to read more closely.  ;D Enjoy scotch club.

Tom, enjoy the day at the antique center, hope you find some currency you like.

TomO, all the best to Terry.  That is a lot of hockey drama.  :o

Current weather is 0c (32f) and sunny with a high of 13c (55f) later today.  Haven't checked in the last couple of days as life got very busy all of a sudden at work.  Should be getting back to normal now so the rush is over.  No modeling lately but this weekend's plan in to get trains running again on the layout, do a final cleanup in the layout room and make the layout presentable for next weekend's open house, nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

TomO/Tloc

Good morning from Wisconsin. It's 58 now up from 48 overnight heading to 85f degrees. Sunrise was at 7:05 and it's another bright day after yesterday's gloom.

Thanks for the well wishes for a Terry. Outwardly she is fine but I'm the wreck.

Hockey here is serious. The association has 3 former players currently playing NCAA division 1 and 11 others playing other NCAA divisions not including 4 girls playing Women's D1. There are 2 currently playing in the NHL and 1 in the AHL. 2 retired who won Stanley Cups. It's in the associations email newsletter and a source of pride. Lots of the families here are well off and are willing to spend. The Clinics and hockey camps are year round. It's never ending

Poaching at the high school is easy because of Open Enrollment. No need for the kid to live in the school district and the family needing to move. It's big in football and believe or not bigger in the local high school golf programs. Some high schools have both Summer/Fall and Spring golf schedules at the state level.

NIL money is a travesty that will destroy NCAA sports if it's not better controlled. I have no problem paying student athletes if they actually go to school. Make them sign contracts and enforce them. I'm not a fan of the President getting involved with his Executive  Orders but his current plan has great merit to it. A friend is the head coach of the UW Women's Hockey program and he has real issues with it but needs to play along to keep the program top notch. 9 NCAA championships since 2006. But NIL in high school eliminates the under table payments but we have one Dane County player who last year went to 3 different high schools. 1 for football and another for basketball because of Open Enrollment and than came back in the Spring to play baseball in his home district because the High School couldn't refuse him. He drives a Porsche his parents cannot afford.

It's a new world out there for sure. I won't bring up the local hockey politics anymore.

We are heading to Prairie du Chien this morning on our Autumn color cruise. We are packed for an overnight or 2. The normal 90 minute scenic drive over Wisconsin backroads today will be maybe 3-4 hours based on the route I pick to get there. There are some great County Roads through Wisconsin's Driftless area and a few designated Rustic Roads

The grandson and family are with the soccer team in the Green Bay Area. They left after school yesterday. We'll learn about the hockey dynamic because all the friends play soccer together.

Enjoy your day
TomO

KentuckySouthern

Sun  8)  warming to 70+ today. Great football weather. Good seats for today's SPARTAN Homecoming game were $35 online late last night. No thanks.

Came across this photo in my files last night.
DSC_0241.jpeg

Osprey was nesting on a power company provided nest pole. They've left the area since, driven out by 2 dozen huge windmills marring the area.

Enjoy the day all.  Be safe.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;

Thought I stop by and see what's up and it is a lot as usual. Things have been busy with a good amount of rain that made its way this far east from the panhandle storm. I think we ended up with 8 inches over 3 days. I a m trying to buckle down and finish the pickle factory I have been working on to take to the regional NMRA convention this coming week. Still a lot of detailing to do so I need to get moving. 

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jerry

Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee & breakfast.
Nice picture this am.

Larry have fun with the details.

Curt looking forward to the update.

Morning Dave.

Tom hope you find some of those old coins.

Ron sounds like Saturday is a full slate!!

TomO have a nice cruise through the autumn scenery.

Karl what a great picture.

Jim I hope you have the pickle factory finished in time.

Weather in South Jersey P.sunny/66.  Later low 70's. 
We have two grandsons here today but there already out and about for the day.
Again nothing to report from the bench.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Dave they are as bad or worse.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Powered by EzPortal