Monday, October 5, 2026

Started by Zephyrus52246, Today at 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all,

Sunny and a cool 48 degrees, headed to 75 later.  We didn't see the hummingbirds (we had five around most of the summer) yesterday and think they may have finally headed south.  

The Patriots managed to look like an NFL team yesterday and beat the Bills.  

I managed to finish one of the several layout projects yesterday.  

Jeff

deemery

Well, yesterday went south quickly.  Driving home from the store, I got a flat.  That's the second flat this year!  And in the process, I managed to lose the 'key' for the anti-theft lug nuts.  I never asked for them in the first place, it's just a dealer-installed 'feature'.  So after German, I'll drop the flat off and warn the tire store about the lug nut problem.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

KentuckySouthern

8) Bright sun, clear skies over the mitten state this morning. A big L over all the sports venues as loser was heard echoing around the state. Sort of burnt out on football. Local sports muse brutally said SPARTAN football should finish the season "behind closed doors"  :o

1:1 and such on tap for today. Rx to fetch and some groceries to get.

Be well all.

ReadingBob

Afternoon all, 

Was more productive than usual at the workbench yesterday. Hoping for more of the same this afternoon. I'm motivated to wrap up the current build so I can get started on the one waiting in the wings.  ;)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

cuse

Morning (?) All,

I'm suddenly mentally engaged with my N scale project...just a few days before I leave for Italy for 3 weeks - bad timing!

I did a little bit of work on the HO layout last night and have kept it running a bit each day lately (that's mostly how I clean track). Pretty sure I'll rip up the N scale layout and start over upon my return, so I'm debating whether I have time to do the tear down this week so it'll be a nice clear canvas upon my return or whether I should just let it "marinate" in my mind before I destroy what I've got already...leaning "destroy" but my local friends know that's my typical response.

Very sore throat this morning which is causing me some panic with the trip coming...better focus on that

Have a great day...talk to you soon.

KentuckySouthern

cuse states: "I'm suddenly mentally engaged with my N scale project...just a few days before I leave for Italy for 3 weeks - bad timing!"

Can't tell you how often I've done that.  :o  Dither about for weeks, finally get the kindling lit and real life intrudes and the fire goes out before you finish the important stuff...more 95% projects on the shelf here than anything finished.  ::)

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Powered by EzPortal