Scratch built Cafe

Started by Chet, October 02, 2014, 08:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chet

I am new to the forum so I hope you will put up with my picture posting as I try to lean the procedure. My layout is a freelance layout set in southwestern Montana in 1957. It was started over 25 years ago, but has progressed slowly due to the lack of hobby shops in my area. Sometimesyou need a building and can't find what you want so you just have to build it yourself. Here is a little cafe that was build out of scraps of wood I had left over from other projects. The only commercial castings are some of the interior details such as a wood stove, cash register, radio, figures and such. Even the windows are from scratch. The first is an older picture as the building now sports a metal roof made from Evergreen styrene. It does have interior lighting.

I have a few more I'll post in the future. I have to work on resizing photos I guess.

GPdemayo

Looks good Chet.....just bring your picture size a little and that will get rid of the slide bar.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Chet

Looks great! Love the interior detail.  I like the big format pictures.  I try to resize the ones I post but I'm constantly having to change the settings to get the width to fit on the page without scroll bars. It depends on which camera I use and the orientation of the picture. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

DACS

Welcome to the forum Chet.  Great looking little structure.  Great interior detail.  By all means, keep it coming.

Dave   HWCRR
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

ACL1504

Chet,

Great scene and cafe details. Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com