Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak-milw

ak-milw

ACL1504

Andy,

Wonderful job on the Farmer's Co-op! It looks perfect in that spot. Great looking layout.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Andy...

Great photos.  Looking up at stuff in HO is not a regular occurrence.  It's a fun perspective.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ak-milw

Thanks Tom!

Bob, I like taking the ground level shots the best. Lets you visit their world.

I have a few more pictures to go back and plug in but I couldn't wait to post the newer stuff.

8)

rslaserkits

ak-milw

It must be those fancy letters Rich, thanks again.

8)

GPdemayo

Well done Andy.....it looks great in place.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

martin.ojaste

donatode

Andy....wonderful work....felt I was present in the photo.

Janbouli

Great scenes Andy, love the trailer park and the barn , and the Co-Op is fantastic .
I love photo's, don't we all.

ak-milw

Thanks to all for looking and commenting. Might be a little while before the next post I have some ballasting to do. I also broke down and bought a kit, (you guy's are a bad influence on me). I was going to  scratch build the next scene but found a kit that matches almost perfectly so I went with it..

8)

ak-milw

Working on a few more road sections and crossings. Also getting some ballasting done. The next scene will be in the bottom right of the picture. It will be a small gas station and diesel truck repair shop. Only one of these buildings is still standing today and it is a roofing outfit now. I  know Bob Parrish has a soft spot for gas stations so he might like this. I will be starting to build the scene shortly.

8)

bparrish

Andy .....

Yes I am a lay down for gas stations. It's warming up enough here in downtown Idaho for me to fire up the 41 pick up.  The model A will be the end of March.  But... No cool old gas stations to take them to.

I'll be watching.   

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Janbouli

Quote from: bparrish on February 25, 2016, 12:36:07 AM
Andy .....

Yes I am a lay down for gas stations. It's warming up enough here in downtown Idaho for me to fire up the 41 pick up.  The model A will be the end of March.  But... No cool old gas stations to take them to.

I'll be watching.   

Thanx
Bob

I am also looking forward to seeing your gas station , you can never have too many gas stations on your layout  ;D
I love photo's, don't we all.