Previous topic - Next topic

sdrees

Andy,

Coming along fine.  Like your scene.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ak-milw

ak-milw

Finished up the small triangle piece outside the gravel yard.

Now I can move on to the next scene which will be a storage site for track and roadbed supplies.

ACL1504

Andy,

Very well done, looking good. All your little people are hard at work.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Twist67

Hi Andy,

Again a very well done scene. Love all those littel details. Great scenery work.

Regards,Chris

S&S RR

Andy

The layout is getting better with every detail you add. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ak-milw

Thanks everyone, I m in a little slump, hope it don't last to long.

deemery

Quote from: ak-milw on June 01, 2016, 08:51:23 PM
I get those a lot!  Building a relatively simple kit (usually a car kit) helps get me out of the rut.  If that doesn't work, I'll go off and do some other hobbies for a while, then pick up a favorite railroad prototype book.  That's usually enough of a break to get the juices flowing again.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ak-milw

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: ak-milw on June 01, 2016, 08:51:23 PM

Andy,
Wish we had a neighbor like you that was a model RR'er. I am a loner out here north of the Twin Cities...Seems like all modelers live at least one hour away....for me the summertime means outside work on my property and spray painting of castings and priming of structure walls outside in the front yard to get them ready for the long winters here in MN....usually take a little time away from the hobby at this time of year which is normal for me....did stop at a RR hobby shop today for 2 purchases ... :) ... Send me a PM on my email if you have time.  ;)
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ak-milw

While I am working on the ice house and before I can put it on the layout I have to finish this little scene first. About 2/3 done, still have to build a car and two little people.

rslaserkits

ak-milw

tom.boyd.125

Question for today's daily chat.......
Quote from: ak-milw on June 12, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
Morning all, Looks like rain today so all the outside jobs are ruined. Guess I will have to stay inside and work on the layout, OH DARN!

Hey Tom B , where abouts near Chicago did you live?  I was born and raised in a small SW suburb called Lyons. Made the big trek up north in '85

Andy,
We are both from Chicago's South Side, after we were married, our first home was in Central Stickney for 15 years.....Lyons is next to North Stickney, Burbank is South Stickney, and Central Stickney was between I-55 and Midway Airport.......so very close to Lyons.....we moved to McHenry, Ill from 1989-2000......taking the Metra downtown for 11 years.....then off to Texas for 10 years due to a job loss.....then retiring near the kids in Minnesota.....
Nice modeling on that Milwaukee Road too !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com