Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak-milw

Thanks for asking Tom, I am working on getting the Pittsburg house on the layout, then next door is the Solace house.

S&S RR

Andy

The layout is really coming along. When your building structures the layout progress always seems slow until you step back and see how much each one adds to the total scene. I will be following your progress.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ak-milw

Thanks for stopping in John. I do take a bit longer than most seeing that I do one scene at a time then move on to the next one. It is just the way I have always done it and it works for me.

ak-milw

Here is the area that the two houses will fit into. I will work from the backdrop where the Pittsburg house will go, then the Solace house. After those are in I will cross the tracks to the right, build a station then to the left with another house. When that is all complete I have to build another section of benchwork.

ACL1504

Andy,

Those houses will look great there. Living on the other side of the tracks.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

Thanks Tom, I am just about done with the Pittsburg house, a little more scenery and a little lady.

ak-milw

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

ak-milw

Thanks fellows for the comments. It means a lot to have folks check it out.

bparrish

Andy ....

Do you have a side interest in the Sears houses?

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ak-milw

No I don't Bob, I found the site with all the plans and needed some houses for the layout. Now I am just waiting for Sears to try and collect for the use of their plans.

GPdemayo

Well done Andy.....great looking scene.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Powersteamguy1790

Nicely done Andy...  :) :)

Stay cool and run steam....... 8) 8)