Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak-milw

The next area is Mill Bluff State park. The park wanted a swimming pond so they had to call the loggers in to clear out an area.

8)

ak-milw

Now across the road to the park.

8)

ak-milw

Heading into the town of Camp Douglas. At one time the town had a cattle loading operation.

across the tracks on the siding the Camp Douglas Farmers Co-op has a fuel oil, gas and LP yard.

8)

jerryrbeach

Andy,
I have long been a fan of your modeling, and it is wonderful for me to be able to see more of your layout.  I like your fidelity to the area you are modeling.  I have never seen anyone else model the facilities in a state park.  I like the logging scene and the oil dealer, but I like the farm scene best.  Thanks for sharing your layout with us.
Jerry

ak-milw

Thank you Jerry, I have a lot more to post and a lot more to build. I hope you will follow along.

8)

ak-milw

After the train clears the bridge in Camp Douglas the first thing it sees is the Pulaski sisters house.

then Doc Nelson's house.

8)

ak-milw

Across the street from Doc's house is the old livery stable, today it is used by the local co-op for storage, The small addition on the side was a cobblers shop.

next to the livery was the Hudson dealer.

8)

Janbouli

Thank you for sharing all the photo's Andy, your layout looks great. There's one thing I think it could use though , some untidying , I mean there's no trash or filth or grime anywhere, but tastes differ.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Janbouli

Just looking back I realize it's your roads most of all, the ones with the dirt roads look far more realistic then with the asphalt roads.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ak-milw

Thanks for the comments Jambouli, I will take them into consideration.

8)li

ak-milw

A small shed owned by the Farmers Co-op.

The curved tracks coming into town were never elevated, many a coal train dumped a car or two here. Just cleaning the last one up.

8)

ak-milw

Next to the Hudson dealer was the Camp Douglas Café.

today the building has been turned into apartments.

8)

ak-milw

The Lemonweir Valley Telephone Co. building was built in 1904.

8)

ak-milw

Then there's Singeltons market and the post office.

Here we have a Branchline kit, the Woodwards house

8)

ak-milw

The Camp Douglas Farmers Co-op feed mill.

and the store.

8)