3D Anycubic Photon

Here is the place to comment/ review new details, tools & accessoroies
Rail and Tie

[quote author=Janbouli link=topic=5678.msg156446#msg156446 date=1614472703]
Some of the reviews I read on the Phrozen noted problems with the Z-axle , seriously thinking about this one because of the 4K , will be printing tiny things , so need the best detail possible for the budget . The Phrozen is 400 Euro , a 100 more then the Elegoo and the Anycubic. Should I wait till there are more affordable 4K's out there?
[/quote]

Jan, the new thing this year is going to be 4K and you can bet that you will see new ones popping up shortly from the other manufacturers out there. I am waiting just a bit before I pull the trigger on a Phrozen, as I already have 2 printers going and the Projet already gives me my 35micron resolution in the xy planes.  I figured I can deal with the Z axis flaw by reinforcing the bracket. That is definitely a design flaw on their part. All their other printed do not have that issue.

When looking at a printer for the detail you want in N scale, you need the xy resolution to be as high as possible. The z resolution is controlled by the stepper which is just layer thickness. Reducing the Z steps gives you a cleaner looking print, but does not add to the feature size possible when you reduce the x/y resolution as you do when you go to 4K.  Also, some printers have 4K screens, but use a lensing effect to cover a larger build area. In other words those printers are basically enlarging the pixel so you are back to 50 microns. Again in HO, you don't see as big of difference, but in N you definitely will.

... back to our regularly scheduled program "BERND'S ADVENTURES IN TEACHING THE COMPUTER NEW TRICKS!"
Bernd

Some good info added there Darryl.

So after I got all the software loaded and working I followed the first two lesson by Paul. Got to the point where it was sent to the printer. My road took a bit of a turn. I discovere Fusion did want to export my file an STL. Some kin of cloud issue. I did want to send it to Autocad Meshmixer program. So I downloaded that sent the file from Fusion to it and then save it from Meshmixer in STL form into a folder. I was able to get it into Chitubox and slice it. So I have a bit of a longer path but I can get there from here. A few more lessons and then perhaps I may try printing something. First I need to decide on a resin product.

So that's it for now.

Bernd
Bernd

Test to restore picture.

Looks like the "[img]" tag works but not when I went back and tried to edit the first picture in this thread. Also I have changed the "http" on my website to "https". Might make a difference.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds
Jim

It took me a while to find this conversation and thought I would share what I have found. I currently have the Elegoo, having made a mess of an AnyCubic Photon. When I started I did not know how fragile these machines are. Anyhow, I take much better care of the Elegroo.

Another issue I learned the hard way is wearing gloves (and for me a mask) is not optional. I of course read the warnings of the resin being toxic when not fully cured, but years of warning labels on products needing no warnings jaded me. I wore gloves sometimes but resin got on my hands sometimes. I'd wash my hands of course but that was it. Then one day after about a year of starting I noticed an itching in both hands after working on printer. Next day both hands looked like they had second degree burns on all fingers, including blisters. It took two weeks for hands to recover. Now I wear nitrile gloves every time. The machine is vented and I wear a mask (I have only one lung so I decided belatedly to error on side of safety).

I am not an engineer but like to tinker. I have found 3D printing allows me to add to my modeling. I initially simply downloaded files from places like Thingverse and sized them if needed. I expanded the printers usefulness by learning Tinkercad after watching a Luke Towen Video. The more I use it, the better I get. Now I am looking at learning Blender, again because I saw what Luke Towen had shown what it can do. Blender is also free, open source.

One tip I learned and will pass on, I remove all supports after cleaning but before curing. Much easier to remove, less chance of breaking part.

For computing I have an old (12 years) MacBook Air. In addition I have a newer desktop Mac (3 years old). I have the Anycubic Wash and Cure, it just makes thing easier. So I will finish by adding some photos of equipment and detail work produced. I'm not sure the forum will make it since recent system change but if it does this thread would make a great starting point for a 3D section.
Attachments
Truss on Support.jpg
Truss on Support.jpg (222.14 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Truss Printed.jpg
Truss Printed.jpg (163.64 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Trusses being placed as Needed.jpg
Trusses being placed as Needed.jpg (236.13 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Holland & Odessa R.R.
Bernd

Hi Jim,

Thanks for joining in with your info.

I have yet to print anything on my printer. I'm more of a "subtractive machining" type of guy. I posted my new CNC router I got a few days ago. I'm looking at doing things that a 3D printer can't do and will post updates as I get it designed and working.

Nice rafters or are they trusses ,by the way.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds
  • Information