Flotation mine 2022 build challenge

If you can't find what you need readily available in kit form... this is your category!
mark dalrymple

Great work with the mine Mark..... 8-)
Thanks, Gregory.

When I bring it in from out in the model room I will mock it up and take some photos. At the moment it is a design prop for my layout framework.

Cheers, Mark.
craftsmankits

I'm lovin' this build. Keep the photo's coming. Mark
mark dalrymple

I'm lovin' this build. Keep the photo's coming. Mark
Thanks very much, Mark.

I'm making good progress with the benchwork at the moment. Hoping to get out and do a bit more later tonight.

Cheers, Mark.
SandSRR

Mark

The mine is coming along, great! And I like reading about you multi-tasking, your benchwork project is also coming along, nicely. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad
mark dalrymple

The mine is coming along, great! And I like reading about you multi-tasking, your benchwork project is also coming along, nicely. ;)
Thanks, John.

I made some good progress on the benchwork yesterday. Photos coming on my layout thread soon. Unfortunately, after singing its praises, my Makita jigsaw broke last night...

Cheers, Mark.
ACL1504

Mark, Cheers,

Anything new on the build?

Tom :D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com
mark dalrymple

Hi Tom.

I've been using all my available time out in the barn working on the timberwork. Neil and I had our first modelling session in a few weeks last Thursday and are due for another one this week. I started working on the corrugated iron roof. I'll post some progress photos when I'm a bit further along. At present work on the flotation mill will be reserved for my Thursday afternoon sessions while any other disposable time I find myself with will be used to give the timberwork a bit more of a nudge. I still have one more large module to build, along with backdrops and ceilings for all the other new modules apart from the corner one (I still need to get caught up on my postings for this on my layout thread). I have also managed to get my hands on a couple of good 2nd hand deals in the way of reinforcing rod and foundation shutters, and so groundwork on the formal rose garden, with a set of circular stairs and two 12" changes in height will be commencing soon - a nice winter project.

Cheers, Mark.
PRR Modeler

I've been watching for updates also.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision
  • Information