JL Innovative Booker Perkins Produce - 2021 Winter Build Challenge

Started by Bruce Oberleitner, January 05, 2021, 10:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Oberleitner

Hi All,
I've decided to throw all caution to the wind and return to building some craftsman kits.  The first one on my list is from JL Innovative.  This is model #641 Booker Perkins Produce.  Some of you may remember this as a Durago Press kit from a few years back.  I am not sure if it's the same kit with a new name or it is in fact and updated kit.  It measures 4.25" X 4.75" in HO scale so it's a fairly small kit that can fit in lots of places around the layout.  I will get started on the kit next week.

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ReadingBob

I'll be following along as well Bruce.  Glad to see you take the plunge and join in on the fun.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Bruce,

Good to see you join the challenge. I'll be following along as well.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

Glad to see you join in. I have this kit and it is an updated version of the old DP kit.

GPdemayo

Looking forward to seeing your build Bruce.....now pop open a Diet Pepsi and have at it.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

NEMMRRC

Perkins Produce is classic model railroad kit. I've always liked it. I'm eager to see your results. Thanks for sharing your build.

Jaime

postalkarl