Sunday January 2nd of 2022

Started by NEMMRRC, January 02, 2022, 06:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyO

Quote from: Opa George on January 02, 2022, 07:30:54 AM

This is my retirement year!  I got my social security set up and I'll be officially retired in mid-February. After 50 years of work, it seems mighty strange to know in a month and a half I'll no longer have a full time job.  Can't wrap my head around it yet.

--Opa George

I have been retired for 15 years and the first five years were the worst, loss of work connections, endless wondering what to do and getting the legal stuff sorted. What finally worked for me was walk into each room and areas in the yards and make a list by room, of all the things I promised to do and didn't or done poorly.

Then each year I committed funds and time to get them done. Gives me a reason to stay awake and feel that I did something. After ten years I am on the finally items and ready to get back to modelling full time.

The single most important task is purge your life of trash. I asked the question do I need it, do my children want it and can I sell it. The aim is to simplify my life and set the stage for the other people to be able to do the death duties without added stress. Ask he question " can they survive after I die". Sounds morbid, but is a way of loving your family afterwards.

Just my opinion.
Marty

rpdylan

I've got 5 years until my retirement,,,, I've got a shelf full of kits that will keep me busy!!! I agree about "thinning" out the stuff. It's never too early to do that!
Bob C.