Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

One more point before I move on to the lightup photographs.  While I had the benchwork still open I pulled the wires I will need for the 8 - 10 structures that will built for the industrial area at the back of the Eagles Next Yard. I read somewhere that John Allen used to pull the wires for his layout expansions 10 years ahead so he wouldn't have to fish them through the benchwork.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I will be back in a little while with the light-up photographs.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Late this afternoon, I got everything wired for the interior lights of the locomotive works. I threw switch number one and we had light.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I will be painting the wires so they will not be visible when the roof is on the building.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a couple quick - cell phone pictures - with the roof on the structure.  The LED's really light up the shop - just right to my eye. The interior details will all be visible.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

You may notice a few more outside details since my last update photographs.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

sdrees

Hi John,

Did you solder the leads to the LED's or did you buy them that way. If so, where did you get them?
Your layout is coming along very nicely.
Steve Drees
SP RR

S&S RR

Quote from: sdrees on May 31, 2018, 10:46:43 PM
Hi John,

Did you solder the leads to the LED's or did you buy them that way. If so, where did you get them?
Your layout is coming along very nicely.

Steve

The leads were already on these LED's - I soldered them to the copper tape to complete the circuit. I bought all the supplies for this project from Slim at Microlumina. Check out his website at www.microlumina.com

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The next step on this lighting project is to install the outside Goose Neck lights on the building and light poles in the yard.
John Siekirk