taking the leap

Started by rustyfawcett, July 24, 2014, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyfawcett

I am going to take the leap. I just ordered two kits from RDA. I will post progress as I go. I know that there is a lot of  good and bad comments about there products.  I am going to show the na sayers  there wrong..I hope

cuse

I've got the Fisherman's Co-op sitting on a shelf. They looked great built up on display at the EXPO, but I've heard those things too. I'm eager to see how it goes.

John

jlgrove

I do a lot of their test builds...so if you have any problems, just give me a shout....

rustyfawcett

Quote from: jlgrove on July 24, 2014, 08:32:05 PM
I do a lot of their test builds...so if you have any problems, just give me a shout....
Cool I will keep that in mind. Thank you

gnatshop

Rusty, for what it's worth - I really like their kits!
Like any plastic kit, a lot depends on how much effort and creativity you put in it.
On their kits with rockwork, the rock detail is super!
Here is a picture of one of their lower priced kits that I built - Camden Mercantile:
(I think that they put this build on their web-site!)
Click to enlarge!

rustyfawcett

These are the two kits I got . The look great

Freeman Manufacturing Company

Delaney Iron

cuse

I'll be following closely. I was really excited and puzzled to find RDA online. What great designs!! followed closely by "Why are they not more prominent in the hobby?"

I'm rooting for you and them on this one!

Best plastic kit designs I've ever seen. Good luck!

John

gnatshop

After Rod Guthrie passed away, his wife (Carol) and son (Matt) revived the business and have
seemed to concentrate most of their sales efforts on eBay!
They are great people, and went so far as to dig out an old mold and cast me a 'Charley's Salvage'
barge!
I deserve a whippin' because it's still on my shelves 'un-built'!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[