2018 National Narrow Gauge Convention - Bloomington, MN

Started by NEMMRRC, September 03, 2018, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Bob Brown , where would we all be without his efforts to bring us the Gazette. We owe him a great deal giving the hobby so much.

Jaime

oldbloodhound

That guy with the FSM castings doesn't smile much.
Nice photos Jaime.
8)

EricQuebec

Quote from: NEMMRRC on September 06, 2018, 10:36:23 AM
The latest and greatest from Bar Mills to be relaxed this Christmas.

Go get you one.

Jaime
Very Nice Kit.
Any Idea where does the boat come from?
Eric

jrmueller

Thanks for the pictures Jaime. Take a break and buy some stuff. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

vinceg

Quote from: EricQuebec on September 06, 2018, 05:26:56 PM

Go get you one.

Jaime
Very Nice Kit.
Eric

Some more info - I have spent a ton of time at the Bar Mills booth talking to Art and Jack - very interesting and likable guys.

The kit, called Dovertown Wharf, is $335 plus $15 for shipping. Shipping expected to begin on Dec 10 or so. That includes the entire diorama, including figures and a truck (and the usual Bar Mills goodies) but does NOT include the boat. Instead, Art said you will get a coupon to get 30% off of the boat model of your choice from Seaport Models (seaportmodelworks.com) if you order within one year of getting your Dovertown Wharf kit.

The kit is gorgeous. Genuinely looks the diorama was plucked out of the F&SM. Needless to say, I ordered one. What I am going to do with a waterfront kit when I'm modeling Central Illinois? Well, as my signature says, I'm protolancing. I might need to call in the Army Corps of Engineers to move the Kankakee river a little north. I can't help it. I just love the scene. BTW, in some discussions with Art and Jack, they said they are contemplating a few improvements to the kit before actually shipping. No matter what they do, it will just make it a better kit.

FYI, Art said that he will get the kit up on barmillsmoose.com sometime late next week. He won't get back from the show until late Monday night or so. Then, of course, he'll need a couple of days to update the web site and maybe do an intro video. I would say take a look on Thursday for it and it will probably be there Friday for sure. I reckon this will be at least as successful as last year's Christmas kit. I would bet much more so.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

geoawelch

Quote from: NEMMRRC on September 06, 2018, 10:44:37 AM
Bob Brown , where would we all be without his efforts to bring us the Gazette. We owe him a great deal giving the hobby so much.

Jaime

Such a gentleman and one of the true pioneers of finescale modeling.

George

EricQuebec

Quote from: vinceg on September 06, 2018, 07:09:46 PM
Quote from: EricQuebec on September 06, 2018, 05:26:56 PM

Go get you one.

Jaime
Very Nice Kit.
Eric

Some more info - I have spent a ton of time at the Bar Mills booth talking to Art and Jack - very interesting and likable guys.

The kit, called Dovertown Wharf, is $335 plus $15 for shipping. Shipping expected to begin on Dec 10 or so. That includes the entire diorama, including figures and a truck (and the usual Bar Mills goodies) but does NOT include the boat. Instead, Art said you will get a coupon to get 30% off of the boat model of your choice from Seaport Models (seaportmodelworks.com) if you order within one year of getting your Dovertown Wharf kit.

The kit is gorgeous. Genuinely looks the diorama was plucked out of the F&SM. Needless to say, I ordered one. What I am going to do with a waterfront kit when I'm modeling Central Illinois? Well, as my signature says, I'm protolancing. I might need to call in the Army Corps of Engineers to move the Kankakee river a little north. I can't help it. I just love the scene. BTW, in some discussions with Art and Jack, they said they are contemplating a few improvements to the kit before actually shipping. No matter what they do, it will just make it a better kit.

FYI, Art said that he will get the kit up on barmillsmoose.com sometime late next week. He won't get back from the show until late Monday night or so. Then, of course, he'll need a couple of days to update the web site and maybe do an intro video. I would say take a look on Thursday for it and it will probably be there Friday for sure. I reckon this will be at least as successful as last year's Christmas kit. I would bet much more so.
Hey Vinceg,
thanks a lot for all this very interesting news.
Eric

NEMMRRC

Way to go Vince on the Bar Mills 411

Art invited me to come by later to photograph the model. I hope I have time to do that. Lots to do here.

Jaime

cuse

oh yeah, despite my lack of waterfront real estate, I had to have the new Bar Mills release...no questions asked, " take my money Art!"... that's a beauty.

I'm also really intrigued by the Brandon geodesic rock system. The way you can shape outcropping sand overhangs, etc makes me want to be much more dramatic in my scenery planning. I plan to order what I'll need today. Great clinic too by Joel Bragdon- he had that passionate "Mad Scientist" love for the product and the hobby. I'll go to his water clinic today.

My other big purchase was the Sierra West work train. Brett's stuff is so great and this is one I can take chunk by chunk (over years, if needed) and fill my sidings with craftsman structures without glomming any more real estate.🏆...I've been drooling over this kit in contest rooms for years.

Also grabbed some of Jimmy's FSM castings and some Scenic Express stuff.

Great layouts in the afternoons with John S. And Raymo. Looking forward to Forum dinner tonight

This NNGC is running like a Swiss watch. Mike and his gang should be very pleased and proud. I'm very inspired and motivated to get back into my layout room- so I'd call it a success.

MorrowDaleR

Friday's Dinner at Friday's?   Is there room for one more?  Just bought waaaaaaay too many kits to be added to the inventory  :)

S&S RR

Quote from: MorrowDaleR on September 07, 2018, 09:18:30 AM
Friday's Dinner at Friday's?   Is there room for one more?  Just bought waaaaaaay too many kits to be added to the inventory  :)

Absolutely - please join us. And welcome to the forum.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NEMMRRC

Quote from: MorrowDaleR on September 07, 2018, 09:18:30 AM
Come join in. THE Runner is buying  ;D

Jaime

NEMMRRC

The annual national narrow gauge convention forum dinner.

Vince and Sue
Tom
John (FL)
Mike
Jeff
John (MI)
Dan

Jaime
Narrow Gauge Convention photos

cuse

Hey Vince, I hope you see this...Banta Modelworks has your stringers. Good luck

John

vinceg

Got 'em, John. Thank! No way I would have seen those had you not given me the heads up.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee