FOS Magic Shop diorama

Started by Vilius, March 30, 2015, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilius

The EXPO 2015 was my first. I truly enjoyed the experience. I want to thank show organizers for doing the show, clinicians for sharing their experience, Jaime and Jeff for the help with transportation, everyone who I had conversations with for not running away, and Bob Mitchell for convincing me that I am not from where I thought I was. While still in the festive mood I have decided to share my diorama build. All pictures have been taken before the EXPO.

Couple of pictures after "planting" the structure on diorama base.

Two more after painting road, adding tree, boardwalk, additional sidewalk pieces, and static grass.

Vilius

GPdemayo

Welcome Villius.....don't be shy about posting and adding lots of photos.  :D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Amagic41

Welcome Villius !!! It was great talking to you over the weekend .... don't be a stranger
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

nextceo

Vilius,

Thanks for sharing your pictures dude...but why so small? I need a magnifying glass to see your photos!

Alan

Vilius

Thank you everyone for stopping by and leaving comments. The pictures are fixed now. I copied BB code for thumbnail thinking it will show large picture when someone clicks on thumbnail but didn't try it...

Vilius

Bobby

Greetings Vilius! It was nice to finally you at the Expo!
Bobby - THE Goat!

ACL1504

Villius,
Welcome to the forum. Very nice build and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at the Expo, maybe another year.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Welcome Villius!

Terrific build of a really unique little structure (in both design and purpose).  I love it.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ollevon

You did a fantastic job on that structure Vilius, I love the colors.  Keep posting your work
  Sam

Zephyrus52246

Nice looking structure, Vilius.  Great meeting you at the Expo.

Jeff

Dave K.

Lovely job...nice work on the awnings! 👍

tom.boyd.125

Very good job on your build. Wish that FOS structure was not a limited run when it came out. I like the colors you picked out.
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Vilius

Thank you everyone for checking out my thread and commenting. Jimmy says there will be EXPO 2016 so I hope to meet there those who I didn't get a chance this time around and as well talk again with those who I met in Scranton.

Limited edition kits is something I am not excited about either but thanks to eBay almost everything is obtainable. All you have to do is build a little stash of kits so you have something to do in a mean time and are not pressed to place high bids and patiently wait for your chance. After five plus years I am still waiting for my opportunity to get some kits like Harrington's Bar & Enzo's Pizza at reasonable price.

As far as the colors go it is all Skinner's Row. I didn't invent anything.

I may be nuts but I had modeling session the same night I returned back from the EXPO. Specifically I did some "gardening". I like it better than the real one.  Everything turns out the way I want and doesn't depend on Mother Nature. And the last night I did some road maintenance. The result is below.

Vilius

UP Fan

Great job on the entire diorama.  The landscaping is very real looking.   I like your re purposing  of a stock kit into another, unusual business.  Terrific imagination.

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?