Monday, September 28, 2026

Started by Zephyrus52246, Today at 09:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all,

Headed to 74 degrees here and no rain for the next two days!  I'll mow the lawn later after it dries out some.  It was still very wet last night when we let the dog out at 2100.  

I think I have the layout issue solved, so some construction on that and continuing the slow land forms will be on the agenda.  

Jeff

deemery

Still light rain for the rest of the day.  The storm lasted as long as they predicted, but we got nowhere near the amount of rain predicted.  

Today's unplanned event is figuring out why the dehumidifier dumped water on the floor rather than down the drain line.   :P

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Morning chores are done. The afternoon is mine so I'll be hitting the workbench shortly. 

A little nostalgic today. It used to be, around this time of the year, I'd be anxiously waiting for the delivery of Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman to see if they had the ad in them for the newest Fine Scale Miniatures kit. 

Have a great one! 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Quote from: deemery on Today at 12:05:22 PMStill light rain for the rest of the day.  The storm lasted as long as they predicted, but we got nowhere near the amount of rain predicted. 

Today's unplanned event is figuring out why the dehumidifier dumped water on the floor rather than down the drain line.  :P

dave
Well, I figured out the dehumidifier problem.  The old unit was tall and the output port was high up on the unit.  The drain line has to pass over a rise before it gets to the drain.  The new unit has its drain port much lower, and you guessed it, the rise was higher than the drain port.  So now that dehumidifier sits up on stilts and seems to be draining properly.  I have the drain hose sitting in a shallow dish, so I can track that dish is actually getting filled (and overflows into the drain.) 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Powered by EzPortal