Sheepscot Autocar C-90 for the A&S Railroad.

Started by Raymo, June 15, 2015, 05:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

I gave the grille a couple of coats of the Detailer to bring out the depth of the grill.

Raymo

In the same photo you can see I've added silver to the windows. My technique for doing the solid cabs is to do a dry-brush of silver over the grimy black in kind of a quick stabbing motion. The idea is to give a silver sheen to the black. I went a little heavy on this cab but it still looks good. This was something that got cut out of the final cut of the video Idid for B.E.S.T. Trains.

Raymo

Grimy Black was also used on the tires. The raised edge of the wheel helps to keep the paint where it needs to be, but I have to keep touching the edge up as I bounce back and forth between colors.

Raymo

That's it for now, Decaling and assembly are next. ;D

PaulS

It is coming along very nicely Dan.  And thanks for the tips and techniques along the way, much appreciated !!

I'll be following along as you progress further.

--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

S&S RR

Dan

Very nice work!  I'm enjoying the thread and leaning a thing or two in the process.  Thanks for sharing this.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Raymo,

It is looking fantastic. I forgot about the trucks you are doing, great tips as well. Thanks.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

I'll simply parrot what everyone else has said Dan.  Looks great and thanks for the tips.  I need to watch that DVD again (once I find out where it is and get it back) and order me some vehicles.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Bob,

I have Danny Raymond's Oscar Performance, Award Winning DVD here at the Atlantic and Southern.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 09, 2015, 04:02:34 PM
Bob,

I have Danny Raymond's Oscar Performance, Award Winning DVD here at the Atlantic and Southern.

Tom ;D

Cool.   8)  Cuse wanted to watch it too.  I don't know if it's made it's way around to him yet.  If it hasn't, and he stops by, let him have it.  I do want to place an order for some vehicles from Sylvan and/or Sheepscot one of these days.  Let me know if you're interested in anything and we'll place a joint order.   :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

postalkarl

Hi Raymo:

Loook good so far. I like the color.

Karl

Raymo

Quote from: PaulS on October 07, 2015, 07:37:37 PM
It is coming along very nicely Dan.  And thanks for the tips and techniques along the way, much appreciated !!

I'll be following along as you progress further.

--Paul
Thanks Paul. We need to hook up some night at the Honey Dew Donut shop in Georgetown Square.

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on October 09, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
Dan

Very nice work!  I'm enjoying the thread and leaning a thing or two in the process.  Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks John. That's the reason we do these threads, to help other with their builds.

Raymo

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 09, 2015, 02:25:59 PM
Raymo,

It is looking fantastic. I forgot about the trucks you are doing, great tips as well. Thanks.

Tom ;D
Thanks Tom. I hope you or someone else in Central Florida enjoys it. :D

Raymo

Quote from: ReadingBob on October 09, 2015, 02:32:55 PM
I'll simply parrot what everyone else has said Dan.  Looks great and thanks for the tips.  I need to watch that DVD again (once I find out where it is and get it back) and order me some vehicles.   :D
Thanks Bob. Hopefully the build will overlap what got cut out of the video.