Started by NEMMRRC, September 03, 2015, 03:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrmueller

Thanks for the picture Jaime. Keep them coming!  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

NEMMRRC

The Galveston Model Railroad Club and Museum in HO/HOn3 by Bill Hughes.

Jaime
www.narrowperspective.com

NEMMRRC

The Rio Grande Southern - North Division in Sn3 by Craig Raymond.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

This model of a 4 truck Shay took Best Of Show at the 2015 NNGC.

Jaime

cuse

What a show! Very, Very high degree of modeling in the contest room and on all of the layouts I visited. For accuracy sake, there WAS one N scale layout on tour, but I did not get to it. Jaime wisely convinced me to prioritize my visits and to enjoy myself rather than obsess about seeing everything. I rode with John S., Jaime, and Mike a couple of days and, on Saturday, went solo to see the last 3 layouts that were on my "must" list.

Here are a couple of teasers for the most extreme layouts I saw. Barry Boggs' G scale layout ran in and around his whole second floor and, most spectacularly, over the foyer just inside his beautiful home. Photos can't describe the craziness/awesomeness of this. He apparently had Michelangelo-style scaffolding to build this impossibly high and impressive part of his layout. If one of the gigantic steamers derailed and landed on someone - it wouldn't be pretty. :o

Chuck Lind had a very large outbuilding for his O scale layout and built fantastic floor to overhead mountain scenery throughout. Again, amazing!

All of the layouts were fantastic and I'll leave it Jaime and John's photography skills to best share them with you all. Craig Raymond's Sn3 layout was my favorite...the facia, backdrop, and custom built room above the garage was a perfectly executed "frame" for the masterpiece of Colorado modeling throughout. I heard him say the Ophir Loop trestle alone contained over 4000 nbw castings and was scaled to accurate dimensions.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Here are a few pictures of Karl Allison's "O" Scale Engine House - one of the best models of have seen in over 15 years of attending the Narrow Gauge Convention.  I took 100's of pictures for casting color reference!

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Nice diorama--that wheelbarrow is freaking awesome!

Jeff

nextceo

Karl,

Not sure how your build didnt get first but whatever...youll always be first in my book.

My question is how did you get that effect on the wheel barrow?

Alan

Mike Engler

The NNGC was a lot of fun. Great layouts, vendor show, and a lot of great models- but as usual the best of all was hanging out with old friends- that's really why we go to these things. I was able to go on the layout tours and have several meals and a Corona or two with John Siekirk, John Mancuso, Karl Allison, and my roomie Jaime. Karl's scratchbuilt O scale model based on a Sierra West Scale Models Loco and Car Shop was really something. I heard several times that "it is the best model I have ever seen".  I can't see how it could have been better. The color and weathering of the walls, beams, castings and other details was incredible. After we left the contest room Karl took it outside so we could take a few shots. Jaime and John S. got some good shots, but here are a few more angles from my iPhone.

THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

Mike Engler

THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

Mark Dalrymple

Great photos Mike!

Never mind the details - i'm just looking at the edge on view of that window.  Wow!

Sounds like you all had a great time.  Hopefully I'll be able to share it with you all in 2017.

Cheers, Mark.