Roadside Delights FSM Kit #270 Diorama

Started by postalkarl, February 23, 2016, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Nice color on the concrete!  Are you going to weather it further, or keep it looking like it's relatively new?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hi Dave:

Thanks. It's painted, black A&I & Dry-Brushed with Gray. I'm not going to weather it further.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

You said you couldn't wait to see the diner as it is your favorite part of the kit. Threw this one together for you last night. Just kidding I built this by copying the parts from my kit many years ago. It was on my RR. I will be making some changes to the kit version Mostly the signs. They will be a surprise.

Karl

Janbouli

Been away golfing for a week and Karl puts together another great kit , I don't know what I should wish for , your time amount or your talent , I could do with both.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

Karl,

Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hi Jan & Tom:

Thanks for the compliments. Here's a photo of the diner on my layout.

Karl

Vilius

Thank you for the pictures of the diner, Karl. It is such cool thing.

Vilius

Twopoint2

tom.boyd.125

Karl,
The garage build looks great. Can't wait until the diner is done as I am getting hungry and need some good food.  ;)
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Thanks for the compliment. I've decided to use the diner in the photos that I built years ago to save some time as I have 3 other FSM kits to build for my frined Jon. I also have a news stand that I built at the same time as the diner and will be using that also. The Signs have been changed on both Itmes. It will be Bubba's Diner & The Daily Planet News Stand. Photos soon.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

here's a few progress shots of Roadside Delights. I used my diner and news stand I build years ago. I changed the signs on both of them and added the Truckers Welcome Sign which was made for a diner I scratch built years ago. Also A Bubba's but different signs. It now resides on Howard Zane's RR. It can be seen under my scratch built buildings.
Here's a few photos.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Hope you like the diorama sp far. I'm going to add an additional surprise to it soon. Hopefully pics of it soon.

Karl

Vilius

Karl,

I like it but this annoying little real life thing called work is preventing me from spending much time on the forum.

Vilius

ReadingBob

That looks great Karl!

Now I want to pull this one out of the closet and build it.  The problem is I have far to many of those "I want to build this one next" type kits in the closet.   :D  That's where having friends like Tom (ACL1504) and John (Cuse) comes in handy.  They sometimes make the "what am I going to build next decision" much easier.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

donatode

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 23, 2016, 12:54:27 PM
That looks great Karl!

Now I want to pull this one out of the closet and build it.  The problem is I have far to many of those "I want to build this one next" type kits in the closet.   :D  That's where having friends like Tom (ACL1504) and John (Cuse) comes in handy.  They sometimes make the "what am I going to build next decision" much easier.   ;)

At least you don't have room for skeletons in your closet....... :o