Sewall's Foundry Final photos:

Started by postalkarl, June 05, 2016, 04:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Tom Boyd:

Thanks for the compliment. Glad you enjoyed.

Karl

Bobby

Sheesh! Took ya long enough to finish this one.  ;D

Nicely done Karl. You make it look so easy!
Bobby - THE Goat!

postalkarl

Hi Bobby:

Thanks for the compliment.

Karl

KCS Trains

Excellent work Karl.  Thanks for sharing.  Phil

postalkarl

Hi Phil:

you are welcome. Thanks for your interest and compliment.

karl

tct855

Karl,
         I need a little help here, understanding what I'm looking at!  From the pictures you posted of this structure-Sewall's Foundry.  I read all the commits.  I just don't get it...   This is a newly built kit?  The roof is realistically weathered, worn to the point of lifting off.  The grass and weeds are all growed up, dirt and sand seem to be in between and with puddles of mudd.  The paint is worn and peeling and neglected, but with a working and well used hint.  The wood beams are splintered and ready to fall apart, the windows... well they're broken and falling out.  I look around the property and I see rust, grime and junk everywhere!  I feel like I'm going to need a tetanus shot.  What next?, if I go inside to get a coke or use the bathroom the floor most likely will fall in. Do I need to go on? Really this is something one might see on that old filthy f&sm layout back east...                     What's that?                        It's suppose to look like that?    Oh!?, Nevermind!!!

postalkarl

Hi tct855:

I'll take that as a compliment. and I respect your opinion.

Karl

Vilius

Karl,

You just fly through the kits like no one else. At that speed one would expect some half a..s job but no, yours turns out to be highest quality every time. Man, I want to be like you when I grow up  ;D

Vilius

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

Remember I'm semi retired and have lots of time to play. So I spend lots of time at the workbench. It's great fun to me.

Karl

tct855

Karl,
          Lol, Buddy what am I going to do with you? ha. yeah it's a compliment. I guess something got lost in the written translation.  I was being "Facetious". ha-twit!   Thanx Thom... P.S. quit callin' George, he thought it was funny you didn't pick up on it being meeeeeeee! ha.

postalkarl

Hi Thom:

You are right I had no idea it was you. As I said I figured it was a facetious compliment.

Karl

SteveCuster

Looks great Karl. I always liked this kit and it's one of the least modeled FSM kits.
-Steve
Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hi Steve:

glad you liked my build. thanks for the compliment.

Karl

GPdemayo

Great looking scene Karl.....great work on the structure, another Karl winner.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi Greg:

thanks for the compliment much appreciated.

Did a little more work today. Got the front platform assembled and installed. On to detail castings.

Karl