Norway layout by Mike Carter

Started by madharry, November 17, 2016, 10:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rail and Tie

Wow, you blink around here and Mike has another layout done!  Great progress and great subject matter.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

madharry

Thanks Darryl. It is just Red Hook Bay but in Norway says my wife.......................
Mike :)

madharry

12 days to go before the layout's debut at the European Railways Association Exhibition. The electrics for the peddling cyclist, the pecking chickens, the mooing cows and the reindeer traffic holdup are all done. Now just the remaining sceney to wrap up. But then I had a change of plan after I spotted this. One is on it's way from Germany before they pull up the drawbridge.......
https://shop.carson-modelsport.com/carson_en/carson/carson-rc-models/electric-cars/1-87-vw-t1-bus-pick-up-24g-100-rtr-500504117-en.html
The intention is for it to run along thefront of the layout from  fishing village past the farm to the railway depot.
Mike

Rail and Tie

Quote from: madharry on September 16, 2019, 11:21:01 AM
12 days to go before the layout's debut at the European Railways Association Exhibition. The electrics for the peddling cyclist, the pecking chickens, the mooing cows and the reindeer traffic holdup are all done. Now just the remaining sceney to wrap up. But then I had a change of plan after I spotted this. One is on it's way from Germany before they pull up the drawbridge.......
https://shop.carson-modelsport.com/carson_en/carson/carson-rc-models/electric-cars/1-87-vw-t1-bus-pick-up-24g-100-rtr-500504117-en.html
The intention is for it to run along thefront of the layout from  fishing village past the farm to the railway depot.
Mike

I have been eyeing the same RC car. I saw a review of it online somewhere on YouTube and looks to run pretty smooth.  I am hoping they ship to Canada.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

madharry

Yes Continental Modeller (Peco) gave it a good write up. I will post some pictures when it arrives.
Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

You are moving at a master's pace. I feel like a slacker.

Great job on the Norway layout.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

madharry

Thanks Tom, much appreciated I will post some pics of the finished scenes soon but I have been under the cosh with the deadline..............
Mike

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

the harbor look very nice. Can't wait for the finished scene.

Karl

madharry

Thanks Karl. Here are few general pictures. Some more detailing to be done but I am almost there.......... The sign is very small but it warns about straying reindeer. The cars have LEDs for brake lights and headlights. Not shown here as too bright for the camera and they will be best viewed under the layouts own lighting pelmet.

madharry

And some more........... A typical hut with a roof covered in grass hides the speaker for the mooing cows..........

madharry

And some more.......

madharry

And some more........ the farmhouse and pecking chickens..............

madharry

And some more.......... the fishing village and Naco Fisk, lots more detailing to be done...........

madharry

And a couple more..................
Mike

madharry

And a few more..........the diesel standing at the lighted buffer stops. The cars with their lights.........