The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 2

Started by ACL1504, May 11, 2017, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on August 29, 2018, 08:31:56 PM

One word....."freaking Amazing"..........OK, two words.

Jim

Jim,

I appreciate you following along.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on August 29, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
Tom, you have a lot of guts.  Thank god it came out very well or Bob would never forgive you and not have any more builds for you in the future.

Steve,

I knew this one was going to be an easy one compared to Cartwright's Machine Shop. Now that one was a tough one to remove.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on August 29, 2018, 10:47:52 PM
To Both Tom and Reading Bob

Beautiful job Guys!  I can't wait to see how the final scene will come out.  The first round of Diet Pepsi is on me!

;D ;D ;D

Cousin Brucie,

Much appreciated, thank you kind sir. I'll take you up on the Diet Pepsi. In fact, I need one now.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on August 30, 2018, 04:43:22 AM
Brave, Tom - very brave!

Nice job and well worth the effort!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

Thank you and I agree it was worth the effort. It will be a fantastic addition to the layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: RailroadKits on August 30, 2018, 07:51:44 AM
I've taken a building off a dio or two. This is not how they've turned out!Great job Tom.JD

Jimmy,

Thank you kind sir.I have to admit this one was an easy one. I'm very fortunate this one came off as it did. Makes adding it to the new location much easier.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 30, 2018, 08:46:39 AM
The Demon of Demo.....the Dr. of Destruction.....does it again......well done Tom.  8) 8) 8)

Greg,

I can definitely get some demo going when I need to. Thank you my friend.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on August 30, 2018, 08:56:25 AM
The most dangerous thing in home improvement is a homeowner with a Sawzall! 
Glad you didn't have to resort to the power tools!

dave

Dave,

I have a DeWalt Sawzall and it works very well in removing studs. I also have the back up ---- DeArm and Hammer. 8) 8)

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 30, 2018, 09:54:06 AM
Wow - Tom

I was really concerned in the first few pictures. It's going to look great! Once you figure out what you want to do you just need to go for it.

John,

It came off easy peasy, no problems.

And, you are correct. Once I decide on something, it's pretty much a done deal. LOL!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I've reached page 198 in little over 15 months. I locked my last thread, part 1, and started this one on May 11, 2017.

I started the layout thread on December 21, 2013. That was two parts to the A&S RR involving 394 pages and 462,766 views.

Thank you all for all the great support and comments.

I'm locking this thread now as it is a prudent decision.

After speaking with Jimmy D. I don't want this part 2 to reach page 200. The last time I reached page 200, the forum crashed. Well, my thread crashed and I had to go back and repost close to 700 photos.

The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3 will begin later this evening.

As Mark says, Cheers,

Tom

;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com