who made this kit?

Started by Erieman, June 26, 2014, 02:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

I was over visiting another railroad recently and came across this building. Quite nice actually, but he did not know who the manufacturer was / is. I thought perhaps Magnuson, but have not been ably to confirm this. Anyone have an idea?

Frank / Erieman

bparrish

Sorry.  Can't help. 

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

halrey

Maybe Lunde Studios, it looks like their stuff.

Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

John B

Looks too old for Lundie Studios.  More in the line of Magnuson...don't understand that column in the doorway though

Erieman

Quote from: halrey on June 26, 2014, 04:43:26 PM
Maybe Lunde Studios, it looks like their stuff.

Hal

Hal,

I thought the same thing but have not been able to find it anywhere. My guess it is old enough that it is no longer being made and the builder has moved on, died or no longer in business. I don't think it is a kit bash.  It appears to be a resin kit, possibly plaster. That's all I know. It really is nice and If I could find one, I have a place for it.
Maybe someone will have the answer.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: John B on June 26, 2014, 04:52:52 PM
Looks too old for Lundie Studios.  More in the line of Magnuson...don't understand that column in the doorway though

John,

I concur. But since Lunde designed the Magnuson line, it just might be a limited edition of a magnuson kit. And that column is weird. Maybe that is why you can't find this kit. Thanks for your help.

Frank / Erieman

BobB

I did a search in several old Walthers catalogs from the 80's and 90's and could not find it. I believe all the Magnuson kits were included But maybe not. I am assuming it is HO.

SSLtd is producing some Magnuson kits (see Walthers) .

Hopefully someone will have the answer.  Downtown Deco ??

BobB   8)

postalkarl

Hi All:

I've seen that building before. For the life of me I can't remember who made it.

Karl

ACL1504

Morning to ya Frank! You came to the right person for the answer. The kit is a product of the one and only Master Creations.

"Blandings & Gallard Cement & Construction Company Ltd." Kit number 45 and sold new for $134.95.

Yes, I have one still in the box. I'll build it one day. The walls are as warped as the Franz Faulk Brewery I built!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dave K.

ACL1504

Quote from: Dave K. on June 27, 2014, 08:34:53 AM
Great save, Tom! ;D

Dave,

Thanks and I'll add the kit is now 26 years old (1988) and the walls are in fact resin. The small office structure is pewter and was sold as a separate kit. I have that as well.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 27, 2014, 08:32:25 AM
Morning to ya Frank! You came to the right person for the answer. The kit is a product of the one and only Master Creations.

"Blandings & Gallard Cement & Construction Company Ltd." Kit number 45 and sold new for $134.95.

Yes, I have one still in the box. I'll build it one day. The walls are as warped as the Franz Faulk Brewery I built!

Tom ;D

Tom,

You are the man. I knew that if any person would know, it would be you. Secondly, I also had a strong belief that you would have the kit. Right on both accounts.  Now I just have to keep an eye out for this building on ebay or a swap meet. I had heard that warping was a major problem with those kits. The layout that I visited also had the Franz Falk Brewery also, but The owner of the layout did not build them and clearly did not know who made them. Thank you for your continued knowledge of all things trains!

Well, the sun is just coming up, so I have to go back out and pick up pods from our two mesquite trees. I have probably another couple of weeks of picking up pods!

Have a great day my friend.

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Quote from: oldbloodhound on June 27, 2014, 09:13:56 AM
Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Creations-Blandings-Gallard-Cement-Construction-Company-LTD-45-HO/111371959207
with Free shipping.
8)

I see that it is no longer for sale! Perhaps Frank got one!

Tom ;D

PS: The small stone office was sold as a separate kit but is included in the Blandings kit also.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Dave and Tom,
Just taking a break from picking pods. Saw your posts and I want to Thank you both for your help. I looked at the ebay post that Dave posted and there is another one just below the sold one for about $120. I'let you know how I make out. Bidding is up on Sunday
Need to get back to the pods before the heat really comes up. You guys are great.

Frank / Erieman