ACL 1504 Tom Langford Get well soon my friend!

Started by tct855, October 06, 2021, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Sending my positive thoughts and best wishes your way, Tom.
--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

bagman

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery Tom.
Best wishes
David

ACL1504

Good morning all,

Thom, AKA: KP1, thank you for thinking of me to do a thread. I've very very happy to see this one instead of one announcing my passing. 8)

I sincerely thank you all for the personal notes, emails and calls. I received a personal call from George Sellios and Bob Leonard (RWL). They both have had heart surgery and called to wish me well.

I guess I'm at the stage in life where things happen. Being a Florida boy, skin cancer comes with the territory. I've had to many surgically removed to count. Three separate skin grafts and dozens more frozen off. I've been languorously laying in bed and off my feet for the past three weeks and am going stir crazy.

As ya'll know, there isn't much skin on the shin just above the ankles to pull together for sutures.  So, we are letting these heal from the inside out. Not a pretty site but still healing nicely. I go back to the Dermatologist on November 1, to be released for heart surgery.

I'm not worried about the heart surgery as much as I am about the time of recovery. After all, I have many more structures for Reading Bob and me to build not to mention the track laying on the Summit Level of the Atlantic and Southern.

Again, I'm humbled and grateful for the many friends on this forum wishing me well on this latest adventure.

I thank you all.

Tom ;D ;D ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com