CCK21221 Nemchik's Ole Country Store - 2022 Challenge

Started by NEMMRRC, December 28, 2021, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

NEMMRRC

Quote from: postalkarl on January 10, 2022, 02:54:18 PM
Hey Jaime:

Looks great so far. Will be following along.

Karl
Glad to have you following along.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Moving on.

I used some of the leftover laserboard and fashioned a frame for one of the "Nemchik's" signs provided in the kit. Here is how that turned out.

I used a very old business card of mine as the backer for the paper sign. Might as well put to use all those unused business cards.

There are more nifty signs in the kit. There is not much more laserboard left over though. I'll have to improvise.

More as it develops.

Jaime

postalkarl

Hey Jaime:

Looks just great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Jerry

Jaime just catching up.  Great job your doing on this kit!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

EricQuebec

Very nice looking building :)
I just don't like the «Nemchik» sign (it's not a critic, it's just my opinion) I found that the surface of the billboard is oversized regarding the surface used by the lettering. I think it will be winner to rework the sign with a more large or bold font, and let just a 6-9 scale inch of free space around the lettering.

Just a question : what is the brand of the car ? it look very nice.

Eric

GPdemayo

Shaping up well Jaime.....I like the detail of the guy in the window on the second floor.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Jaime,
Like how you did the corrugated roofing on this build.
Your on target for more apples.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Jerry on January 11, 2022, 11:44:53 PM
Jaime just catching up.  Great job your doing on this kit!

Jerry
Glad you're following along.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: EricQuebec on January 12, 2022, 05:52:25 AM
Very nice looking building :)
I just don't like the «Nemchik» sign (it's not a critic, it's just my opinion) I found that the surface of the billboard is oversized regarding the surface used by the lettering. I think it will be winner to rework the sign with a more large or bold font, and let just a 6-9 scale inch of free space around the lettering.

Just a question : what is the brand of the car ? it look very nice.

Eric
The car is made by Rusty Rail and is included in the kit. Two vehicles by Rusty Rail come with the kit.

Regarding the Nemchik sign.... The sign came with the kit. I did not alter it other than resize it to 75% of its actual size (I always make scans of the signs in kits and actually end up using printouts of the scan). I too found it odd that it is not "centered". I decided to "go with it" and deal with any corrections later. I wanted to get a sign up in that area of the building so I didn't need to weather that area  ;D  I am not kidding. I can still add some graphic or lettering in the "trapped white space" of the sign.

Thanks for following along.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 12, 2022, 08:03:17 AM
Shaping up well Jaime.....I like the detail of the guy in the window on the second floor.  8)
Thank you.
I will likely need to add some interior lighting later to keep that guy visible once all the roofing is done.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on January 12, 2022, 01:05:11 PM
Jaime,
Like how you did the corrugated roofing on this build.
Your on target for more apples.
Tommy
Thank you!

That is some really neat stuff that paper corrugated roofing.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

NEMMRRC

Moving on...

Real quick update. Life has been keeping me from making much progress but hey, this is a challenge after all...

Time to start roofing the repair shop building. I'm using tar paper roofing for this. I cut out some strips of paper, I marked some guide lines on the roof card and I glued on the strips with wood glue. Yes, the wood glue was handy and it works and well, I cannot seem to find my roll of transfer tape.

More as it develops.

Jaime

deemery

It's great to see you back on a build thread...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to