Friday - 11/17/2023

Started by ReadingBob, November 17, 2023, 09:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

I'm surprised no one has opened up this morning.  Guess I'll get the ball rolling.

Day off today.  Plenty of outside chores to do but it's still raining out there.  I have a new rear turn signal to install in my CR-V but's raining too hard to bother.  The new part arrived yesterday and was already hit by another car before I even installed it.  The FedEx guy left the package in front of our garage door.  My wife backs her car into the garage and her car is old enough that it doesn't have a camera.  She backed into the package.  Damage to the box but not the part.  :)

With all this rain I guess I'll pull out the workbench, pop a movie in the DVD player, and have at it.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Bob;

I think the reason no one beat you is that I got a message that I had not paid a bill for website yesterday. I get a lot of these and thought this one was another spam, it was not. So ID10T  error by yours truly. I have paid the tollkeeper and site is now visible again. We are good for a long time, I think!

I hope to work on the clothing factory some today. Hope everyone has a great day and sorry for the hiccup

Jim.
Holland & Odessa Railroad

NEMMRRC

Hello everyone!!!!!!

Is this forum on?

Jaime

ACL1504

Morning all,

Still raining and wet here. I have a few chores and then I plan on getting back to the REA build.

I post to two modeling forums and I'm also writing a book. So, it seems that at my age burning the candle at both ends isn't working out to well.

I'm very happy to have this forum back but I've also made many new friends and followers of my builds on another forum. This occurred while this forum was down. I need to pace myself here and else where. I'll continue to post the FOS REA build here but it won't be a detailed as I normally do. I'll also continue the A&S RR thread as time permits.

I love this place and the friends here but wanted to be honest with everyone.

Have a safe and healthy day everyone.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

There's no harm in mentioning Railroad-Line, Tom. It's a great forum and I'm glad many of you were able to find another home when Modeler's Forum ceased to be.

S&S RR

Good morning! I tried to get on a couple hours ago and there was an issue with security that my browser didn't like.  All better now so all is well in forum land. Thank you for paying the bill Jim and thanks to both you and Craig for all your hard work to get this back up again. I'm off to a program for my Grandson, I hope everyone has a great day.

John Siekirk
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Yes - apologies for that hiccup. It was a billing issue on the hosting side of things! All sorted now though.

Have a great day, all! Mine is just winding down now.

GPdemayo

Morning all.....stuff happens in the best of families.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Keep It Rusty on November 17, 2023, 10:16:26 AMThere's no harm in mentioning Railroad-Line, Tom. It's a great forum and I'm glad many of you were able to find another home when Modeler's Forum ceased to be.
You mean there are other forums ?
:D

GPdemayo

Quote from: NEMMRRC on November 17, 2023, 11:44:01 AM
Quote from: Keep It Rusty on November 17, 2023, 10:16:26 AMThere's no harm in mentioning Railroad-Line, Tom. It's a great forum and I'm glad many of you were able to find another home when Modeler's Forum ceased to be.
You mean there are other forums ?

Who knew..... ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

I suspect more then a few of our group are waiting for the next shoe to drop. There may be some bumps in the road as we once again ramp up our clubhouse but rest assured, so long as we keep Graig happy the Forum will be here. I am committed to this project.

Thanks
Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on November 17, 2023, 12:43:45 PMI suspect more then a few of our group are waiting for the next shoe to drop. There may be some bumps in the road as we once again ramp up our clubhouse but rest assured, so long as we keep Graig happy the Forum will be here. I am committed to this project.

Thanks
Jim
Jim,

And we are committed to supporting the forum along with you and Craig.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon,

I also tried logging in during the issue, but it's all good.

Visited with my buddy Jon this morning with Dad. In a little bit I head out for a haircut that I need badly.

Tomorrow I'm heping put up HOA Christmas then later the car is getting new tires.

I hope everyone hasca good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Jim:

Any sane individual out there that doesn't expect Murphy's Law to hit all this high tech stuff is living in a dream world. Bumps and problems are to be expected and we have you and Craig doing a wonderful job with this site.

The site is up and running, that is a great first step and member use will lead to finding any flaws and improvements will come in their own good time.

Stuff happens and we don't have a problem with it, so keep on looking ahead and don't sweat the small stuff.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL