FOS Kone Shack Build

Started by ReadingBob, November 17, 2023, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

A welcomed return of your build threads, Bob!

Excellent results

PRR Modeler

Great build Bob. I hate to admit it, but the colors are perfect for it.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Bob,

This is really a great little kit and build. It sits proudly on the A&S RR waiting for the real estate agent to purchase the property.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Bob, who'd of thought that you would do a pink and yellow build. But it looks great.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Zephyrus52246

Nice build, Bob.  I'll reference this as I think I have this kit in the pile somewhere. 

Jeff

S&S RR

Bob

Great build and thread as we have come to expect from you,

John
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Quote from: Oldguy on November 17, 2023, 11:05:20 AMIt is a great little building.  I added a bit to the side of mine (a part of another FOS kit) for burger sales.
 I need to figure out adding photos all over again.  Hurumph.

Thanks Bob!  You're build looks great with the addition.  I do enjoy these little kits.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 17, 2023, 11:47:41 AMGreat build Bob and terrific to see one of your build threads again.....do they have pistachio there, I can't find it anywhere but Bruster's.  8)
Thanks Butty!  They don't have pistachio but they do have teaberry which is awfully hard to find.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Keep It Rusty on November 17, 2023, 12:57:43 PMA welcomed return of your build threads, Bob!

Excellent results

Thanks Craig and thanks for everything you and Jim have done to get this place up and running again.  I really appreciate it!

Once I wrap up a large build thread, one that I have going elsewhere, I'll be posting my next build (TBD) in both here and there.  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 17, 2023, 04:25:56 PMGreat build Bob. I hate to admit it, but the colors are perfect for it.

Thanks Butty!  Yeah, the colors are certainly different but so fitting for an ice cream stand.  It really catches your eye.  Doug did a great job on this little gem.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 17, 2023, 04:53:08 PMBob,

This is really a great little kit and build. It sits proudly on the A&S RR waiting for the real estate agent to purchase the property.

Tom

Thanks Tom!  I'm looking forward to seeing it in its final home once it gets planted.  I'm also looking forward to building it again if you can believe that.  I love these little kits.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: nycjeff on November 17, 2023, 05:06:22 PMHello Bob, who'd of thought that you would do a pink and yellow build. But it looks great.

Thanks Jeff!  I know what you mean.  Had Doug not done it on the pilot model I would have never tried it.  I had to see what it'd look for myself.  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on November 18, 2023, 05:34:17 PMNice build, Bob.  I'll reference this as I think I have this kit in the pile somewhere.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!  You'll have fun with this one.  I don't recall running into too many issues with it.  I think I may have added a strip of wood across the top of one or two walls to even things out but nothing big.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: S&S RR on November 18, 2023, 08:37:01 PMBob

Great build and thread as we have come to expect from you,

John

Thank you, John!  Happy to share the adventure.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Lynnb

I must say I'm very happy the site is back up, but even more happy I can start following your great builds again. Excellent work.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0