Monday 26 February

Started by madharry, February 26, 2024, 03:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Good morning from the UK. Wet and windy here. The last model train exhibition we attended was Tonbridge, Kent.
A 5-hour drive on a Friday afternoon to set up for Saturday. A lady (day job with the BBC) took a video which is going the rounds. It gives a great insight into the model railroading scene in the UK. If you watch it you might catch 6 minutes of an interview with yours truly on the subject of my layout "Norge".

Here is the link.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ny83fNcLqU

Mike

cuse

Morning All and my (shared) sympathies to those of you to whom Mondays are still "MONDAY". 

Good layout work this weekend. Hopefully, I'll keep it going a little bit tonight. Off to get a little closer to not caring if it's Monday or Saturday like my heroes on here...Have a great day.

John

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Starting out at 48F today. I have chores then I'll continue to work on the kit.

Mike it's nice putting a face to the name. You have built a beautiful layout.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

We're headed to a record high today of 72.  Incredible for February in Iowa.  I have a bird feeder out back that has wasps nests in it that needs cleaning out today.  Probably get the car washed as well.  First up is an eye appointment in an hour. 

Will watch Mike's video later, too.  

Jeff

MartyO

Morning

My brain hurts! Why is spring weather here when I need the exercise of shovelling 2' of snow?
Marty

GPdemayo

Morning all.....enjoyed the look into UK modeling Mike.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Morning all,

It is a "MONDAY" for me.  Fortunately, I'm getting closer to where they'll all be Saturdays.

This past weekend was kind of a waste (even though it was a three-day weekend).  I missed the gathering at Tom's place on Saturday.  :( Between allergies acting up along with other things that needed to be done I only got to spend time at the workbench on Sunday.  Almost done with the wharf portion of Red Hook though.  The land based portion is next.

Have a great one!  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Midmorning all,

Monday? This is Monday? I hate Mondays, so this will me my first Saturday this week. Bob, you'll be in the club very soon.

Not much going on for me today. Taking Pam's mom the the eye doc at 1PM. Then I'll continue work on the REA build.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning! First Saturday of the week for me, too. I'm looking forward to welcoming Bob into the club. I'm building water tanks, today. I have 6 of them of various sizes on my workbench.

I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jim Donovan

Just had a chance to drop in, Mike thank you for the video, great layout and very interesting look at the show. 

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

madharry

Thanks Curt, Greg and Jim for your kind comments.

Mike