Friday 01 March 2024

Started by Keep It Rusty, March 01, 2024, 04:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Can't quite believe it is March already...

I am working on two small kits for my "Keep It Simple" lineup. They should be available fairly soon.

I hope you all have a good day/weekend.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

JimGF51

Good Friday AM to everyone.

The loss of motivation, other than that that comes from feeling lousy with a cold or other health issue, for me, is the 'blue spells' I get at times, due to losing my wife. It's been 2 1/2 years, does not seem that long. They come on, and I have no urge to do anything, much less hobby stuff. But I have, so far, managed to pull out of them, and feeling that a bit now.

And that was not said out of any self pity thing, or sympathy quest. Just stating the fact that it happens.

Anyway, heading in to try and do a bit more on Carricks.

Be safe, all.

Jim

deemery

One thing that has helped pull me out of a modeling funk is to do something in a different scale.  I have a set of 1/35 military kits, and if I get deeply stuck, I'll drag one of those out and give it a crack.  Of course, that requires me to clean off the workbench to make space, which tends to put me back into the "black mood." 

Anyway, no modeling for me for the next couple of weeks as we head out on vacation.  One leg of the trip will be on Spanish high speed rail, so that will be fun.  

Add:  But I did get some time to mock up the current scene, using the kit that arrived yesterday:
IMG_9737.jpg
I have a "Paw of the Bear" replacement facade kit for that DPM storefront.  The witch's hat roof on the Merchants Row II bay will help balance its shorter height.  The DPM module is just there to help me visualize the angle of the street heading towards the backdrop. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

cuse

Morning All...beautiful FL morning. I'll get a little fitness in, then get a little business in, then some train time. I'm making some nice progress as the vision becomes clearer for the new layout.

MartyO

Morning,

Modelling funk is normal! Hobbies are to fill your spare time, not be your purpose in life. The trick is to do something small each day on a model, the funk will subside.
Marty

PRR Modeler

Good Morning,

Started out the day with a walk at 65F.

The dentist visit went well yesterday with just soreness from it.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

I also can't believe it's March already.  I think the good weather we had in February made it pass more quickly than normal.

No plans for today, but I might do some work on the city area.

I often go months without doing any building, train running, etc.  Sometimes a small project will get me going.  The free kits from FOS are good for this, or building a couple of freight car kits.  Sometimes tackling a totally different project like a DCC install will get me motivated as well. 

Jeff