Clearing off my to-do shelf

Started by Vietnam Seabee, May 01, 2024, 12:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vietnam Seabee

I'm finally going to do what I've thought about doing for a good while.

Moving out the many kits I've accumulated over the years that I'll never get around to building.

I have several FSM, Sierra West and South River Scale Models which I'll be selling over the next several weeks.

First up is the FSM #135 2 Stall Engine House...asking price is 125.00 plus shipping.

Also the FSM #JS-10 Avrim Baking Company....asking price 300.00 plus shipping

Payment via PayPal, Zelle or check

PM me for particulars or photos

terry

Vietnam Seabee

Here's another FSM

#185 Crocker Bros. Feed Mill 195.00

Terry

Vietnam Seabee

Two more FSM kits:
#100 Jacobs Fuel Co. $125.00

Keep It Rusty

Fair prices, Terry! Good luck with your sales.

Vietnam Seabee

If I continue on the path of downsizing, these are the kits I'll be posting in the coming weeks. I haven't determined prices for all of them yet and 3 or 4 are already spoken for.

Terry

deemery

That's almost a "best-of" collection!  (No SRMW "Lamson & Goodnow", the one kit of theirs I was desperately looking for a couple years ago.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Erieman

Thats a nice shelf of collectable kits. I am sure that they are many others on the forum that similar stashes of kits. I'm glad that I have built all my kits and many scratchbuilt structures over the years. No more room on the layout. I wish you luck in selling them. 

Frank aka Erieman

Vietnam Seabee

Another FSM kit...#155 Coal Dock  87.00 plus shipping

Terry

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: deemery on May 09, 2024, 06:42:34 PMThat's almost a "best-of" collection!  (No SRMW "Lamson & Goodnow", the one kit of theirs I was desperately looking for a couple years ago.)

dave

I have Lamson and Goodnow. Not keen to sell, but if you have an offer let me know :)

Keep It Rusty

Thanks Terry! Shoot me an email when you're ready.

Vietnam Seabee

J Barongould Tannery..asking 270.00-- plus shipping

deemery

I built FSM 155.  That takes A Lot of space to put on the layout, at least 4'.  I did cut out one segment to save a couple of inches.  As a coaling dock, it has some problems, in particular that jib crane in the middle of the run. I set that up as a sanding station, although I never really solved the problem about how the sand gets there.  But as my first FSM kit, it was definitely a lesson in scratchbuilding.

In order to use it on the current layout, I'd have to rework it significantly to feed from the other direction.  And that's assuming I ever get to the second phase with the big yard and engine terminal.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Vietnam Seabee

Note: All above kit prices are domestic shipping at no charge

ReadingBob

So many great kits, Terry!  Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you.  I'm just not actively looking to get rid of the kits I'll likely never build or use.  :(
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Vietnam Seabee

Today I'm offering FSM #50 Ice Station. It appears that everything is in the box, however, I'm used to the 'yellow' boxes being 'filled to the brim'. What you see is what you get for 70.00 postage included.

Terry