Monday, May 6, 2024

Started by ACL1504, May 06, 2024, 07:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Breakfast is ready, scrambled eggs, grits and link sausage. Drinks on the end.

I'z gots nuttin dis morn'n!

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Wow, Tom's up early.  After breakfast I have an appointment with the hand surgeon to see what he thinks these lumps in my hand are.  Need to stop at Lowe's on the way home as it's a rainy spring and that means we have an ant issue.  Otherwise a lazy Monday here.

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Vietnam Seabee

Thanks Tom....scrambled eggs just like I like them...yer a good cook, Butty!!!!
Hair cut for me today and change out a bad light switch...modeling on the sawmill this afternoon
Sitting on a park bench in Winter Park just now waiting on the wife to finish her part of the walk
Terry

BandOGuy

Passed through. Thanks for the spread, Tom. Someone else can have my grits ration. With all the time I spent in grits country, I never learned to enjoy them. Taylor's Pork Roll? Now that's a whole new ball game.
Hope it dries out here today.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

Morning all,

I managed some workbench time yesterday.  When I started the build, I told myself I wasn't going to light up the Gorman Sign structure.  I spent the day yesterday crafting gooseneck lights and planning the lighting circuit for the interior as well as how I might make the roof removable.  This is all Slim's fault. 8) I'll continue on with that today.

By sheer coincidence, I watched the extended edition of "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" on Friday.  Next up is "The Two Towers".  RIP Bernard Hill/King Theoden.  :'(

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Like BandOGuy, I never learned to like grits, despite all those Army breakfasts...  

Bernard Hill did a great job as King Theoden.  That's a difficult role, I think, but Shakespearian in all that Theoden had to go through.  Last night we watched the episode of Brokenwood that centered around a clunky New Zealand rip-off tour of pseudo-LOTR sites.  ("Lord of the Ringz tours")

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Rollin

That Brokenwood episode was great fun! Way back when, long before any films, Harvard Lampoon published a parody called "Bored of the Rings." That was a clear sign that there was a real love of the Tolkien works, that someone would like it enough to write a parody!

deemery

I have an original paperback copy of "Bored of the Rings," bought in 1973.  I still dig it out, and totally crack up/laugh out loud reading the map!
bored of the rings map.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to