Heat Dome Tuesday

Started by deemery, June 18, 2024, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Today is the first day of potentially record temperatures here in SE NH, and across most of the northeast.  It's muggy, too.  I'd be happy if you-all in Florida would keep your weather to yourselves!  

I'll work on the backdrop project in the basement. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Fairly slow morning at work, hope it stays this way.  Heat index is over 90 already, and yes, I just turned on my office heater as it's freezing in here.

Jeff

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

We're happy to share this sunny Florida weather with the rest of y'all, Dave!  It looks like it's going to reach 90 today with some thunder boomers possible this afternoon.

I think I'll pop a movie (Key Largo) in that my son gave me for Father's Day and spend some time at the workbench this afternoon.   ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

MartyO

Afternoon nap in order; AC working overtime.
Marty

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in...took off a few days to rest after busy weeks at the candy shop. Lots of rain, heat and humidity here. Many farm fields are showing large areas of standing water due to the record rainfall. Hope they all have crop insurance. Keeping an eye on the weather, tornado watch till late this evening.
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Yes, it is or was hot and we did get some thunder boomers.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Vietnam Seabee

Dave...wait till January/February and you be begging for a heat dome and I'll be down here cutting my grass wearing tee shirt and shorts
;-))
Terry

deemery

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on June 18, 2024, 06:07:22 PMDave...wait till January/February and you be begging for a heat dome and I'll be down here cutting my grass wearing tee shirt and shorts
;-))
Terry
Nope.  I moved here deliberately in retirement from Northern VA.  You -literally- could not pay me enough to live south of the Mason-Dixon line again.  It has to get below zero (Fahrenheit) before I get uncomfortably cold.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to